Introducing My New "old" Caravan

My 1968 Viking Fibreline Mk I is finally home and work will start on her mid January, when there is room in the workshop at the restorers.

Apparently she is quite rare as she has a kitchen at the front rather than the back.

She is a lovely shape and will enjoy bringing her to life for festivals and weddings.

Her is a picture taken today after her long journey home.

post-49241-0-13829900-1419456409_thumb.jpg

Edited by Patp
  • Like 1

"Mavis" 1992 Elddis Force 2 towed by 2011 Vauxhall Meriva 1. 7 CDTi - Just me and my dog

“Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love. They depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big." Erica Jong

My 1968 Viking Fibreline Mk I is finally home and work will start on her mid January, when there is room in the workshop at the restorers.

Apparently she is quite rare as she has a kitchen at the front rather than the back.

She is a lovely shape and will enjoy bringing her to life for festivals and weddings.

Her is a picture taken today after her long journey home.

New caravan. JPG

Looks good Pat. Who's is the thomson behind it?

Simon.

Looks good Pat. Who's is the thomson behind it?

Simon.

Not sure whether it is just being stored /.restored or for sale. He is expecting a Thomson Mini Glen in soon but it is too small for what I need (weight wise). If you PM me I will send you his phone number. He has some nice old vans in.

"Mavis" 1992 Elddis Force 2 towed by 2011 Vauxhall Meriva 1. 7 CDTi - Just me and my dog

“Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love. They depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big." Erica Jong

I do like to see some of the older caravans when well restored. It's part of our caravanning heritage and I believe they should be preserved for our kids to appreciate where it all started. :)

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

I wish I had your talent to bring back the old classics, hats of to you and good luck.

Believe me I have no talent - I just know a man who does!! At food festivals and weddings, the newer shape caravans, just dont "do it", if you know what I mean. The old ones have so much character and personality.

Believe me I have no talent - I just know a man who does!! At food festivals and weddings, the newer shape caravans, just dont "do it", if you know what I mean. The old ones have so much character and personality.

I know what you mean, at our flying shows we usually get one of them little French vans turning up,you know the ones that are corrugated. I have no idea what they are called but they just look the part as a coffee van strange but it works. It wouldn't quite be the same out of a Ford Transit, we are a funny lot.

• Like 1

I know what you mean, at our flying shows we usually get one of them little French vans turning up,you know the ones that are corrugated. I have no idea what they are called but they just look the part as a coffee van strange but it works. It wouldn't quite be the same out of a Ford Transit, we are a funny lot.

They are the Citreon HY Van - would love one, but they are so expensive! I love the way the back opens as well.

I didnt want to go down the route of serving out of something that resembles a burger van.

I think the caravan will be cool and something different, something I feel you need to be --- at rally's shows etc. .. There are so many caterers out there its hard to be seen sometimes. You will defiantly stand out in the crowed when it's done, good luck.

• Like 1