Avondale Argente 650/6 Bed Cushion At Rear

Archive

fatboy

has any body had problems with the rear bunks beds or the rear large double on the argente 650/6 please help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cas

Hi

Yes you cant seem to have all bed made up ie. a double and two bunks not enough cushions! im going to see my dealer about it.

will post when have an answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dt1966

Have you found a solution yet?

we have just purchased a 650/6 and having tried to make up the bunk beds have found that the headboards do not fit.

The cushions from the dinnette seats (4 pieces) are to wide for the near-side upper bunk (due to window blind - we believe that the blinds were not in place when Avondale decided on the cushion sizes)and only 3 of the 4 will fit, this leaves a gap. We have a copy of Avondales cushion sizes and bed make-up details and it states all four cushions are required as also stated in the owners manual.

We also noticed that the cushions for the offside lower bunk must be reversed due to upper bunk legs - as the cushions have a raised knee roll this now rolls the occupant of the bunk onto the floor!!!! Avondale say we are the only owners to complain about this.

We also have a lot more problems with our caravan and would not recommend this caravan to anyone. We are now seeking a replacement or refund from Avondale

• 2 months later...
Guest Lenny

NO NO NO. I pick up my Argente 650/6 next Friday,and it's been the van i've wanted for about 6 months. Had to do a lot of swapping and changing to get the money for it.

Please don't tell me i've bought a lemon? :(

I certainly hope not Lenny. A question was raised about the cushions of the 650-6 this morning and await a reply later today from another 650-6 owner. That's why I brought this topic out of the "Archive" section.

I'll keep you posted.

ATB,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

My brother and I have just bought Argente 650-6s and we both have big problems with the berths at the rear of the caravans. The cushions simply do not fit the beds so we have complained both to our dealer and to Avondale. Avondale say that they have not heard of our problem and tried to fob us off!

We therefore both asked in writing for a full refund from our dealer (£31,500 for the two caravans) quoting the “sale of goods actâ€. Avondale are now willing to see us at their factory next Saturday to try and resolve the situation.

Has anyone else had a problem with the cushions at the rear and what response did Avondale give?

Please contact me by email at BCOALEY@AOL. COM

Many thanks,

Brian.

Guest Lenny

Brian, please keep me informed on the outcome.

Just a thought, i'm only using the bunks permanently, am i likely to have the same encounter???

Brian, please keep me informed on the outcome.

Just a thought, i'm only using the bunks permanently, am i likely to have the same encounter???

19808[/snapback]

as soon as you try to make it into a six berth you will

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lenny

Been away for the first time in van this weekend, and to be honest i didnt have any problems with my bunks. At first i couldn't work them out, but as i turned the cushions round they all fitted. I made up all 4 bunks no problems.

Didn't try the double bed at rear as i wont be using that, only the bunks.

Cas,

Did you resolve this problem with your cushions?

Gordon.

19634[/snapback]

Hi Gordon

Have just received your message, have no idea what this is about, don't know how when or why my name can up

Thanks for the message anyway

Cas

cas

Hi

Yes you cant seem to have all bed made up ie. a double and two bunks not enough cushions! im going to see my dealer about it.

will post when have an answer.

6150[/snapback]

Hi Gordon

Have just received your message, have no idea what this is about, don't know how when or why my name can up

Thanks for the message anyway

Cas

24405[/snapback]

Something spookey going on here, but thanks for replying to the phantom message.

Cheers,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.