Sign in to follow this  
bmwbrooks

Lorry Speed Increase

Beware of speeding in Suffolk. .......they prosecute on anything over 10%!!! Both myself and 'Longtermcaravanners' husband got done for doing 34mph in a 30 zone on the same day, ouch!! We both opted for the speed awareness course which saved us getting points on our licenses.

PROPOSED increases. Let's hope there are no set backs. .............. such as a General Election!

The speed limit increases for HGVs will be implemented via a change in the law to be put to Parliament during the next few months, with implementation scheduled for 6 April 2015. The existing limits continue to apply until the change has been put into effect.

How appropriate! :rolleyes:

https://www. gov. uk/government/news/hgv-changes-to-give-fairer-deal-for-hauliers

this 56 mph limit always made me smile as it introduced a safety element, proves goods are more valuable than humans as coaches can do 70mph !!

Tony A.

• Like 1

Only if the coach is less than 12 metres in length. Over 12 metres are limited to 60mph

Only if the coach is less than 12 metres in length. Over 12 metres are limited to 60mph

PCV's are fitted with speed limiters set at 100 kph.

John

Northumberland 10% +2 mph as written on there webpage http://safespeedforlife. co. uk/contact/

I would t want to chance it, that is for Camera Sites, is doesn't mean that they will stick to those guidelines with a Camera Van or Handheld Device out side a school at 3. 30 in the afternoon

All of the psv's I own are limited to 100 kph amd vosa does check them

• Like 1

Now they are to speed up tractors! - Instead of being held up at 20mph. , you'll be held up at 25mph!

don't mind the speed limit going up for HGVs

the lorry's now are better equipped to stop than 20 to 30 odd years ago

what I do mind is when you try to overtake on A or B class road the driver accelerates and wont let you pass them doing over 40 mph on a 2 lane hill climb then you are stuck behind them till you hit a duel class road or your destination

at times I want to catch them and draw them out their cab

and tell them what the speed limit is for the road they are driving on

There are some drivers, not just HGVs, who think that the 2+1 lane arrangement on hills counts as dual carriageway, where NSL is different - it doesn't unless there some physical divider between the two directions, eg kerbing, hedge but not just white lines.

There are some drivers, not just HGVs, who think that the 2+1 lane arrangement on hills counts as dual carriageway, where NSL is different - it doesn't unless there some physical divider between the two directions, eg kerbing, hedge but not just white lines.

The above arrangement is also sometimes used where the road is not on a hill. There is a short stretch of 2+1 between two roundabouts in both southbound and northbound directions on the A41 Whitchurch, Shropshire by-pass.

I regularly use this road and simply hang back behind the LGVs who are accelerating to regain their NSL speed for the road. It is quite amusing to see the following convoy of tailgating car drivers accelerate past the slightly slower vehicles, probably exceeding the NSL whilst still in convoy and tailgating. Very often they see too late the local district road safety vehicle (aka mobile speed trap :rolleyes: ) taking photographs of the registration index plates of the vehicles who are exceeding the speed limit - oops. ;)

The above arrangement is also sometimes used where the road is not on a hill. There is a short stretch of 2+1 between two roundabouts in both southbound and northbound directions on the A41 Whitchurch, Shropshire by-pass.

I regularly use this road and simply hang back behind the LGVs who are accelerating to regain their NSL speed for the road. It is quite amusing to see the following convoy of tailgating car drivers accelerate past the slightly slower vehicles, probably exceeding the NSL whilst still in convoy and tailgating. Very often they see too late the local district road safety vehicle (aka mobile speed trap :rolleyes: ) taking photographs of the registration index plates of the vehicles who are exceeding the speed limit - oops

There are a number of 2+1 stretches like this on the A303 just west of Yeovil.

Only difference is that the camera is a fixed one!

I regularly use this road and simply hang back behind the LGVs who are accelerating to regain their NSL speed for the road. It is quite amusing to see the following convoy of tailgating car drivers accelerate past the slightly slower vehicles, probably exceeding the NSL whilst still in convoy and tailgating. Very often they see too late the local district road safety vehicle (aka mobile speed trap :rolleyes: ) taking photographs of the registration index plates of the vehicles who are exceeding the speed limit - oops. ;)

I know that section quite well too. Seems like a money making opportunity for the local "road safety vehicle" !!

I worked out a long time ago that a few extra MPH did very little to the journey time, but it sure can effect the fuel consumption,

Sign in to follow this