Sign in to follow this  
outhouse

Dometic Toilet - Is This Progress?

5 minutes ago, PapaT said:

Hi Everyone with Dometic Cassette a Toilet. 

Thats is our VIP 575 now approx 18mth old and I’ve notice a lot of water leakage down into the cassette locker, mainly the pink diluted water from the Flush tank.

is this leaking between the seal and slider bar at bottom of toilet bowl, and is this due to lack of maintenance on my part. Ie use of OKS 1110 grease and the silicone spray etc to keep the seal fresh. Or does one have to remove and replace the seal annually?

appreciate comments on how to stop this seepage down under, as its uncomfortable experience getting wet whilst emptying the cassette 

PapaT

Do you travel with much flush water? 

2 hours ago, Easy T said:

Do you travel with much flush water? 

No I make sure all / any contents of flush tank is dropped into cassette and emptied to Chemical Toilet before moving off the pitch. 

PapaT

I have the same problem having the seal replaced under warranty 

take out the cassette and manually open the blue slider my one had gone out of shape 

if your seal is ok. 

Make sure  you push the cassette all the way home once it’s been emptied Had that problem a few times if it’s not pushed in fully only has to be out slightly and it leaks everywhere 

6DEE6773-D460-4760-9136-20BED979238A.jpeg

Edited by Mike89000

55 minutes ago, Mike89000 said:

I have the same problem having the seal replaced under warranty 

take out the cassette and manually open the blue slider my one had gone out of shape 

if your seal is ok. 

Make sure  you push the cassette all the way home once it’s been emptied Had that problem a few times if it’s not pushed in fully only has to be out slightly and it leaks everywhere 

6DEE6773-D460-4760-9136-20BED979238A.jpeg

The seal on our previous 2019 VIP was totally mis-shaped, (a lot worse than the photo) so when removed and being carried to the empty point waste water was running out onto the floor, then when I emptied it into the waste point, the same water would run over my hand whilst pressing the pressure valve. This toilet is in my opinion the worst design possibly made. I ended up exchanging the van for a 2020 VIP model with Thetford. 

Good luck with changing the seal under warranty, Dometic took 5 weeks to supply me with a oven door rubber seal, that split and broke just after 3 uses. 

Edited by kiaboy

Terrible toilet,  I have had the same problem. I think I have now fixed it, but time will tell.  I removed all seals including the very big one,  stripped down the mechanism, cleaned all items, lubricated and replaced.  Tests seem to show its OK now but not used it since.

Seems the seals are going to be very expencive.

John

See TOILET Talk - Dometic toilet troubles HERE

You are not alone it seems

Our Bailey 2017 Pegasus cassette leaked-the orange sort rather than your type but still it leaked-Thetford replaced it instantly and didn't want the old one back; only took a week-via our dealer of course-brilliant service imo! 

6 hours ago, Jezzerb said:

Our Bailey 2017 Pegasus cassette leaked-the orange sort rather than your type but still it leaked-Thetford replaced it instantly and didn't want the old one back; only took a week-via our dealer of course-brilliant service imo! 

Over 40 years of caravanning I have only experienced the Dometic toilet to leak I have never greased the seals like I did in 9 months ownership of the Dometic. So maybe you were just unlucky....;) 

My other complaint is the length of time Dometic took to deal with a claim and ignoring my emails requesting updates. 

I accept things can fail etc but its the aftersales response to resolve the issue, which sadly Dometic are not there yet

Hi fellow Dometic Toilet owners.

we have just experienced a failure with the toilet flushing discharge part within the wc bowl rim. It has broken away leaving the elbow & pipe within the bowl rim and the cover piece coming away in my hand.

that now explains as to why we were experiencing, having pink solution water seep into the cassette area below, as each time the flush button was depressed, with this crack failure we never knew was there until the discharge part came away in my hand whilst cleaning around within the rim,

So the big question now is, is the elbow two part available to buy, and how do you separate the upper bowl to get within the inner side of the bowl to connect the pipe to this elbow discharge part?....

appreciate any comments and help me to get this sorted.

PapaT

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by PapaT

we have just experienced a failure with the toilet flushing discharge part within the wc bowl rim. It has broken away leaving the elbow & pipe within the bowl rim and the cover piece coming away in my hand.

that now explains as to why we were experiencing, having pink solution water seep into the cassette area below, as each time the flush button was depressed, with this crack failure we never knew was there until the discharge part came away in my hand whilst cleaning around within the rim,

So the big question now is, is the elbow two part available to buy, and how do you separate the upper bowl to get within the inner side of the bowl to connect the pipe to this elbow discharge part?....

PapaT

E00286B6-411A-4582-AA82-9AB2A5B2CB63.jpeg

D50B5833-2768-460A-A4CC-52117D20C369.jpeg

Edited by PapaT

Any update from someone that may have experienced this problem

PapT

On 26/12/2019 at 18:37, PapaT said:

PapaT

image.jpg

image.jpg

Am keen to here of someone that may have experienced this problem, and how they resolved it

PapaT

Hi ALL 

update from dealer today, as they are making a warranty application.

watch this space :excl:

• Like 2

Hi ALL 

• Like 1

On 08/01/2020 at 21:17, PapaT said:

Hi ALL 

Hello Everyone

after consulting with my dealer to pursue a warranty claim on my behalf, only to come back yesterday 27 Jan 20 with a statement that Coachman will not replace the dometic toilet under warranty. 

I stood my ground an d ask WHY?. Dealer stated due to wear & Tear and we broke it with rough cleaning????.

I strong email went back to dealer with my thoughts to explain the issues we experienced, and I received a call stating that Dometic was the ones that rejected the claim not coachman. and now Dometic have changed their mind and will supply a replacement toilet FOC, but not the labour cost. Dealer also stated that Coachman will honour the labour costs.

so all good in the end. just await delivery of new toilet, and I will arrange service at same time.

Good Result for us.

PapaT

39 minutes ago, PapaT said:

Hello Everyone

after consulting with my dealer to pursue a warranty claim on my behalf, only to come back yesterday 27 Jan 20 with a statement that Coachman will not replace the dometic toilet under warranty. 

I stood my ground an d ask WHY?. Dealer stated due to wear & Tear and we broke it with rough cleaning????.

I strong email went back to dealer with my thoughts to explain the issues we experienced, and I received a call stating that Dometic was the ones that rejected the claim not coachman. and now Dometic have changed their mind and will supply a replacement toilet FOC, but not the labour cost. Dealer also stated that Coachman will honour the labour costs.

so all good in the end. just await delivery of new toilet, and I will arrange service at same time.

Good Result for us.

PapaT

Well done PapaT. No doubt you will use excessive force when cleaning and break it again in the same amount of time ;).  It's no wonder most new builds are returning to Thetford. The Avtex whip aerial fitted in 2015  was another disaster they soon returned back to Status types again.

I do wonder why manufacturers think the customer should suffer from their poor selection of equipment they install, and then both appliance and build manufacturers deny they have a duty to right failures without a fight..

I hope you have better luck with the replacement, 

Edited by kiaboy