Sign in to follow this  
peterjohn

One Persons Take On Solid Construction

Just had my caravan serviced, technician concurs that pre SOLID is the way to go. My 7 year old Elddis was totally dry inside. So I won't be visiting the Elddis stand at the NEC the week after next. I might have a good look at Adria however.

I've still not come across a German van under 1400kg.

Of all the options out there or just from Elddis? ;)

So glad though yours it is a story of a dry caravan.

On what basis is pre SoLiD better?

My particular pre SOLID is OK, I'm not saying all pre SOLIDs are good. From the forum I gather that they are not. I'm also aware that if you search the forums it will probably be impossible to find a maker with a 100% record on this matter.

Check out this website http://elddis-solid. co. uk/.

So, we are not allowed to name and shame on this site but we can link to a site we have made ourselves to name and shame? Cool :)

• Like 1

Hey Dreadly, we are allowed to name and shamePROVIDED it's not hearsay but what has happened personally or can be backed up by SoLid (forgive the pun) evidence. .......Peter

Hey Dreadly, we are allowed to name and shamePROVIDED it's not hearsay but what has happened personally or can be backed up by SoLid (forgive the pun) evidence. .......Peter

:rolleyes:

Hey, don't get me wrong, I think this is fantastic. I am very disappointed with the whole caravan industry in general.

Just Jealous I did not think of doing this ;)

Just had my caravan serviced, technician concurs that pre SOLID is the way to go. My 7 year old Elddis was totally dry inside. So I won't be visiting the Elddis stand at the NEC the week after next. I might have a good look at Adria however.

I've still not come across a German van under 1400kg.

Just had my caravan serviced, convinced that SOLID is the way to go. My 2014 SOLID Elddis was totally dry inside. So I won't be visiting the NEC . ... I rather like my caravan!

Pabst

• Like 1

Just had my caravan serviced, convinced that SOLID is the way to go. My 2014 SOLID Elddis was totally dry inside. So I won't be visiting the NEC . ... I rather like my caravan!

Pabst

As,indeed,it should be.

• Like 1

As far as i am concerned i am at a loss to understand why, with so many reported problems, Elddis are still refusing to get involved in this debate, surely by now they have seen the forum and know the problems, but it must also be obvious that there is not an answer to it yet. May I encourage Elldid to get their thinking caps on and solve the problem of glueing the van together and doing it without allowing water in. As has just been said, some are fortunate enough to have dry ones but it's hardly bragging rights is it?....Peter

As far as i am concerned i am at a loss to understand why, with so many reported problems, Elddis are still refusing to get involved in this debate, surely by now they have seen the forum and know the problems, but it must also be obvious that there is not an answer to it yet. May I encourage Elddis to get their thinking caps on and solve the problem of glueing the van together and doing it without allowing water in. As has just been said, some are fortunate enough to have dry ones but it's hardly bragging rights is it?....Peter

Edited by peterjohn

As far as i am concerned i am at a loss to understand why, with so many reported problems, Elddis are still refusing to get involved in this debate, surely by now they have seen the forum and know the problems, but it must also be obvious that there is not an answer to it yet. May I encourage Elddis to get their thinking caps on and solve the problem of glueing the van together and doing it without allowing water in. As has just been said, some are fortunate enough to have dry ones but it's hardly bragging rights is it?....Peter

"some are fortunate enough to have dry ones but it's hardly bragging rights is it?" - No - but it may be the silent majority . .. there have been many many SoLiD vans built but it's the way of the (caravan) world that we only hear about the poor unfortunate souls that end up with a bad Elddis (Bailey, Swift, Coachman, Lunar et al . ...) and my heart goes out to them all.

Pabst

I don't see why Elddis need to get involved with the debate - They are putting things right, my back panel cracked but I didn't know until my dealer told me having already ordered a new one. The Heki surround cracked and was replaced under warranty with no problem. If you are not getting the results you want if your Elddis has a problem I would suggest the dealer is the problem not Elddis. OK you may argue the problems shouldn't be occurring but they are and Elddis IME are not dragging their feet in resolving them.

I don't see why Elddis need to get involved with the debate - They are putting things right, my back panel cracked but I didn't know until my dealer told me having already ordered a new one. The Heki surround cracked and was replaced under warranty with no problem. If you are not getting the results you want if your Elddis has a problem I would suggest the dealer is the problem not Elddis. OK you may argue the problems shouldn't be occurring but they are and Elddis IME are not dragging their feet in resolving them.[/quote

Then I am sincerely glad for you.

Unfortunately that is not the case for many others. ....Peter

• Like 2

But that is probably not Elddis fault, if you have a poor dealer have a pop at them. If Elddis are told about problems I see results as has been posted on here.

A good example of this is on Swift talk, when some kick off about swift not dealing warranty claims, swift investigate and post facts about the claims not being made by said dealers, no outstanding claims on vans act.

Its easy to blaim the manufacture but a lot of the time its the poor dealer causing the problems.

Faults as these should not happen but when it does you need to have a good dealer to get onto it not stall the customer at every opportunity.

I'd be emailing Elddis and asking if any warranty claims have been made, it may give you the answer.

Kev

.[/quote

But that is probably not Elddis fault, if you have a poor dealer have a pop at them. If Elddis are told about problems I see results as has been posted on here.

A good example of this is on Swift talk, when some kick off about swift not dealing warranty claims, swift investigate and post facts about the claims not being made by said dealers, no outstanding claims on vans act.

Its easy to blaim the manufacture but a lot of the time its the poor dealer causing the problems.

Faults as these should not happen but when it does you need to have a good dealer to get onto it not stall the customer at every opportunity.

I'd be emailing Elddis and asking if any warranty claims have been made, it may give you the answer.

Kev

.[/quote

Kev, I totally agree with you with regards to dealers, believe me I speak from experience.

The dealer (if you can call them that) I bought my van off was a disgrace with warranty claims. It was never their fault, it was always Elddis fault for taking too long to approve warranty claims. I'm not the only forum member on here who has suffered at the hands of this dealer either, there are unfortunately quite a few.

After being fobbed off by the dealer once too often, I got in touch with Elddis, who I must admit, were very helpful and could tell me that there were no claims outstanding for our van and never had been. Yes I can hear you all saying Elddis will tell you anything, but armed with this info, I approached the dealer who once again told me it was Elddis's fault etc etc. I let them have their say and then hit them with the information that Elddis had provided me with.

They didn't know what to do or say, and I just wish I'd taken a photo because their faces made for a brilliant picture.

Actually, it was Elddis who advised me to go to the dealer I am using now, and they are sorting out all the outstanding warranty claims even though I didn't buy the van off them. Their aftersales has been brilliant.

So the moral of the story, is to do your research, and buy from a dealer who can be trusted, contrary to popular belief, there are some out there.

I agree some of the horror stories you hear about should never happen anyway, but if your dealer can sort out the problems with the minimum of fuss and inconvenience to you then it's a lot less stressful.

• Like 2