Sign in to follow this  
pcvdave

Gt65 Heating System

Comments please on the heating system please, some say its noisey others say its fine

my wife likes the van so would like hoopinions before making a purchase. Would buy the Genoa

it sees a nicee roomy van for its size

If you look through the Bailey section of the forum you will find a few discussions on the Whale heating system.

We have a GT65 Ancona on order and the Whale heating is still a question mark, but in saying that the few GT65's we have seen on sites and when asked about the heating, all of have said that it's very good.

Admittedly they all say it's noisy when first started but ok when the van is up to temperature.

Why would you pay for something as expensive as a new van without a test drive. Tell the dealer you want a demo of the heating and make sure it starts from cold etc.

Same with pick up time, dealer is told it's a condition of sale that all systems are seen to be working before we will sign for it. They don't like it but they do it. Any dealer who will not does not get my business. After all it takes all of about 15 mins to get a van up and running. If something like the fridge has not had time to chill down a bit then it's off to lunch until it has.

We are lucky in that the dealer we usually use has a site next door so we also test drive the van for 24 hrs.

I have the gt 65 genoa . the van is great but as I've said on hear before how bailey can put a heating system as noisey as this into a van beggars belief. I don't know what the other models in the gt range are like but the genoa is very noisey. It works great, but at a cost. Best bet is get the dealer to fire it up for you, he only needs to tap the screen on the Ivan system which by the way is also very good. It's an excellent roomy van but beware. Hope this helps

We have the gt65 Rimini, only run the heating a couple of times off the mains as concerned about battery drain. No problems found, some noise on initial start up and drop in battery voltage to 12volt but quickly picked within a few minutes when reached the temp set on the system. Great that the system can be set to come on when you want it, even the hot water, saves getting out of bed in the morning to turn it on for a shower. Very easy to use. I did add the whalemaster pressure control kit as had problems with pressure up and down when off the mains. My dealer set everything up while I was there so no issues.

Thank you for the feed back and taking the time to reply.

We had two problems with the heating on the GT65 we had.

One was the system would not connect the control panel with the rest, works by radio.

This can be fixed I belive with a new Pcb in the heater and software up date, newer vans should be ok.

The second is the noise, in the Verona the heater is right under the bed, and even on low speed it was too noisey.

There is I belive a kit or mod whale do, that can help.

Whale is a good and helpful company, but in this case the product was under developed .

It was mainly for this that we traded in the van at 12 mounths old and got a Unicorn 2, with Alde heating.

Roger

Fitting under a fixed bed has got to be the dumbest place to fit any device fitted with moving parts. I've now lost any interest in buying a peg65.

Thanks for the post. :)

Bought peg GT65 verona in April, just returned from Hillhead Brixham having used the heating over a 10 day period I now feel I can comment on its performance, heats the van very quickly on 1000 setting soon reducing to 500, the noise levels are in my opinion ok to live with, the 500 setting if needed at night is almost unnoticed, with temperature at night down to 3 to 4c the van maintained 16c with ease on this setting, the 2000 and gas settings where not required, very satisfied

• Like 1

Does the heating change automatically from 1000 to 500 depending on the temp required or must this be selected manually?

You manually set required heat output, you can select the temperature required and work off the thermostat, three separate programmes can be selected with on/off times, heat settings and temperature required per 24 hrs

You manually set required heat output, you can select the temperature required and work off the thermostat, three separate programmes can be selected with on/off times, heat settings and temperature required per 24 hrs

Thank you!!