Caravanmedic Dorset

ascsbe

Did an online enquiry on Friday to this company. No response.

Phoned them today, took an age to answer, thought they must have gone bust, eventually answered and met with a very matter of fact man who did not know why I had not received an answer and do be honest I don't think he really cared, Would you trust them with a minor bodywork repair?

Do you know if you called the franchise head office or one of the franchisees. ....please let us know as we are all independent businesses, thanks.

I did the online enquiry on the website. Today after no response I phoned the number on their website. Now waiting a call back I presume from the local guy.

I use these in Wimbourne .

http://www. autovan. co. uk/

Dave

Commander Dave it is Wimborne not Wimbourne, and you only live in Pooooole.

For my sins I use Autovans for servicing but this is a very minor repair and not really worthy of their bodyshop.

I use to see his Van about but have not seen it for a while so you are probably correct.

It's very disappointing that they haven't got back to you. ....I do beleive that the franchisee in Dorset is no longer trading though.

Shame you are not a bit nearer as you seem genuinely interested in your job.

I have now had contact from a chap called Steve. Hopefully he is coming to have a look on Thursday. Thanks for your interest and help.

Andrew

Only a few would I trust, I want experienced people on my side, not somebody with a poor week or two's training. A lot of franchises are there for the benefit of the person selling them, not the person doing the work or the end customer.

I can assure you this is NOT my experience in general. Caravanmedic-swindon was fantastically knowledgeable and professional and really put himself out to help me out of a spot that I had been put in when let down by my normal service agent.

I followed him around a bit when servicing my van and doing a couple of additional jobs, purely because things where slow and I fancied a chat, whilst doing this I noticed his attention to detail was superb.

I have some minor dents on the offside of my Lunar and wondered if anyone can recommend someone that is experienced, reliable and comes with good recommendations that would travel to the West Sussex area to carry out repair works. I know I could cover them up with side reflectors but thought I look into repair costs first.

I did the online enquiry on the website. Today after no response I phoned the number on their website. Now waiting a call back I presume from the local guy.

Commander Dave it is Wimborne not Wimbourne, and you only live in Pooooole.

For my sins I use Autovans for servicing but this is a very minor repair and not really worthy of their bodyshop.

Poole ? . ....... not me .

you could also try a car body shop if it is only a straight forward repair . Who ever does the repair make sure they are approved to carry out repair if you are under a ingress warranty. . it would not be the first time someone has later found out the person worked on their van was not approved and invalidated the warranty .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

I can assure you this is NOT my experience in general. Caravanmedic-swindon was fantastically knowledgeable and professional and really put himself out to help me out of a spot that I had been put in when let down by my normal service agent.

I followed him around a bit when servicing my van and doing a couple of additional jobs, purely because things where slow and I fancied a chat, whilst doing this I noticed his attention to detail was superb.

I don't think the OP was referring to Caravanmdicswindon, but to another franchise. I guess having a similar name does him no favours as I must admit at first I thought the post was referring to Caravanmedicswindon. Not sure if the title could be changed as some people may interpret the post incorrectly?

The local agent is coming Thursday to have a look. I think it all depends on the quality of the local guys work. The man at Swindon seems well up for it.

Edited by ascsbe

I have not been over happy with service work carried out by 3 of the local 'big' places in my area. We are thinking of buying a new van and wondered.

1. Are caravanmedic franchises OK to complete the service book regarding keeping up guarantee requirements?

2. Are caravanmedic franchises able to carry out any guarantee work? Will that depend on the make of the van?

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

I don't think the OP was referring to Caravanmdicswindon, but to another franchise. I guess having a similar name does him no favours as I must admit at first I thought the post was referring to Caravanmedicswindon. Not sure if the title could be changed as some people may interpret the post incorrectly?

It would be helpful if the post title was renamed or changed as it obvioulsy will affect other caravan medic franchisees.

It would be helpful if the post title was renamed or changed as it obvioulsy will affect other caravan medic franchisees.

Good suggestion, I've updated the title of the thread. If another Dorset franchisee starts feel free to invite him onto the forum to become a Trade member like yourself :)

Tim
Developer | Caravan Talk

I have not been over happy with service work carried out by 3 of the local 'big' places in my area. We are thinking of buying a new van and wondered.

1. Are caravanmedic franchises OK to complete the service book regarding keeping up guarantee requirements?

2. Are caravanmedic franchises able to carry out any guarantee work? Will that depend on the make of the van?

John

Personally I can. As well as being a caravan medic I'm also a member of the Approved Workshop Scheme (to enable membership I have City & Guilds qualifications in the following disciplines. ....230v electrical test & inspect, Low voltage & Extra low voltage fault finding, Caravan servicing, Motorhome habitation servicing & ACoPs trained in LPG for leisure vehicles). This enables me to service your caravan without invalidating your warranty on all british built caravans & motorhomes.

I'm also approved by Adria to service their caravans & motorhomes. If you have any warranty concerns I'm also fully trained & authorised by Al-Ko, BPW, Whale, Truma, Thetford & Alde to undertake any warranty concerns.

unfortunately only a couple other caravan medic has similar qualifications (one is based in Durham & the other in Milton Keynes) . ..... So whoever you contact to service your caravan make sure they have the relevant qualifications whatever their trading name.

My initial post was concerning Caravanmedic as a company because no one had responded to my on line request. I have today had a phone call from someone who appears to be in a senior position saying that the request for a quote was sent to Caravanmedic Dorset on Saturday morning last week.

Anyway as stated earlier he has now made contact and is coming out to see me tomorrow.

Personally I can. As well as being a caravan medic I'm also a member of the Approved Workshop Scheme (to enable membership I have City & Guilds qualifications in the following disciplines. ....230v electrical test & inspect, Low voltage & Extra low voltage fault finding, Caravan servicing, Motorhome habitation servicing & ACoPs trained in LPG for leisure vehicles). This enables me to service your caravan without invalidating your warranty on all british built caravans & motorhomes.

I'm also approved by Adria to service their caravans & motorhomes. If you have any warranty concerns I'm also fully trained & authorised by Al-Ko, BPW, Whale, Truma, Thetford & Alde to undertake any warranty concerns.

unfortunately only a couple other caravan medic has similar qualifications (one is based in Durham & the other in Milton Keynes) . ..... So whoever you contact to service your caravan make sure they have the relevant qualifications whatever their trading name.

Thanks for that, PM sent

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.