Sprite Alpine 2011 -£9995

Pavb2

Hi all

I've had a look at a few vans the last few weeks this seems to be a good deal from a dealer with a starter pack thrown in.

The weight is right for my bmw 320d which is a big factor

What do you think?

Edited by Pavb2

It really does not matter what other people think, it is what YOU think that matters, its your money.

thanks Brecon but as a newbie is it good value for money, about the going rate or could I get a better deal elsewhwere

Post a link to the van,let's have a look

Depends on which variant it is. I believe sprite 2 cost less than 13. 5k new - and I bet you could get 1k off that price minimum. Given that I guess it is not great price, but I am sure pushed you could get more off it.

http://www. raymondjamescaravans. co. uk/used-caravans/caravans_detail. php?CaravanId=3B03EDB3380C6FF980257D4D005B9652

Here's a link.

where do the Sprite's come in the overall caravan pecking order using cars as a comparison are they the Mercedes, Ford Focus or otherwise

One on ebay for about £9,450 in Chorley, Lancs (Stewart Longton) and you could get them down to maybe £9,000

eBay Item No. 321490030460

You don't say where you are - only UK!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

We looked at this model in 2012 when we were buying a new van. I liked it but my better half was put off by the toilet in the shower and we both plumped for the Orion instead. We had a swift before and liked it. £10k with a starter pack sounds about right particularly if they throw in an awning too. It's a good time to negotiate for a van as it's the end of the season. I would be looking for another £500 off that myself but either way it's a great van

I would give sprites a good 8 out of ten myself for all round performance. Good build quality and resale value

I remember it was around 13k when new.

I'd agree with others. Deduct the 20% VAT from what the new price may have been I. e £13k VAT £2,166. 67. Then deduct approx £500 per year of age leaving approx £9,333. Even though they are throwing in a starter pack (should be approx £500 worth of stuff) they'll be wanting space on their forecourt for the new stock!

I'd say try to get it cheaper or try to get an awning or motor mover thrown in too.

Happy bargaining :)

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

We bought a 2008 dealer special Sprite Sportstyle (Alpine 4) with lots of extras for £10,000 and were very happy with it as it towed a dream. The problem was that my wife started with arthritis which made it difficult sliding down the bed to get out due to the toilet/shower being adjacent to it. After 3 years we did like another poster on here did and bought an Orion 430/4 with it's rear washroom which solved my wifes problems. We were offered £5750 for the Sprite which we accepted as the Orion was a year old, second hand but like new and £3500 less than the list price. Our old Sprite was for sale at the dealers for £8200 but later dropped to £7500. The dealer does have to service and prepare the van and also keep in business so will always add a fair slice to the trade in price. This can be negotiable depending on how long the van has been sat on the forecourt and how much he wants to clear old stock.

Edited by Capricorn12

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

Thanks all from the replies it seems like £9k & starter pack seems to be about right