Gloucester Services

I don't know whether this has been covered before . ..but I would just like to register my congratulations to the team owning and running the above M5 services.

Brill layout and excellent fresh good value food. Will definitely visit again on my way back from the South. ..and a bonus the staff told me the cameras don't work so you can stay as long as you like. ..ha!

What was the Caravan Parking area like?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

It's owned by the same company that owns Tebay Services on the M6 in Cumbria and operates the Rhged Centre at Penrith as well as a few other bits and pieces in Cumbria including a Caravan Site

http://www. rheged. com/about-us

Edited by Ich

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely

What was the Caravan Parking area like?

Absolutely fine, well away from the HGVs so you don`t have the pervading smell of urine around the place.

As has been said, layout is great, food is excellent, and you won`t want to go to a `normal` services again.

Love the Gloucester services, soon to be on the southbound side too.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Only 5 miles away from me but been there anyway. Really good, lots of Americans there when I went.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

I'm glad that the comment s so far have been in agreement.

I am now going to contact the motoring press to see if they would do a feature on this place. ..hoping it will show up the other services as to what they are and what they should be.

I liked it very much. It's strange when you first arrive it appears to be no more than a large car park!

We stopped there on they way back from Dorset and even though it was the Monday following Glastonbury (lots of tired people) there were still loads of space :)

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

• 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not you can stay as long as you like at any motorway services, supermarket or any other place.

The reason for this is that they cannot send you a fine. They do send you a fine, but you just totally ignore the endless letters from solicitors and bailiffs etc.

I have had 3 sets from my local Morrisons, 1 from Staples, and one from Aldi. I've ignored all letters completely. Also, a certain company with the phone number 01932 332038 tried to call my landline and my mobile. When I googled the number it was from the company trying to get me to pay one of these fines. () I never answer calls from numbers that I do not know, and when they ask to speak to me, I NEVER say "Yes, thats me" I say, "Who is calling?")

I have never responded to any of these letters and they come thick and fast. I have never paid any fine.

The reason you do not have to pay is because you ONLY have to pay fines from the Council or the Police. Anyone else you can just ignore.

Have a look at a watchdog program about this very thing. Here is the link:-

https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=R3J-Xl6rSlk

I am totally new to caravanning as of September 2014

My Caravan ----> Elddis Elusion 350/2 - 1994

It's owned by the same company that owns Tebay Services on the M6 in Cumbria and operates the Rhged Centre at Penrith as well as a few other bits and pieces in Cumbria including a Caravan Site

http://www. rheged. com/about-us

That would explain it then. Always stop at Tebay.

SteveMLewis

Usually drinking cider somewhere B)

I stopped at Gloucester on the way from slimbridge to Birmingham

Don't get there about 11. 30 am all the breakfast items were still on the counter but they would not serve them as *breakfast is finished* we are setting lunch now20 minutes and several alterations to the counter layout under instructions from a large lady - manager? in the kitchen they started serving most of it was cold -it had been sitting there for 20 minutes or more-and the quality wasn't that good the kitchen couldn't keep up because of the queue

I talked to a member of staff who told me it wasn't unusual but they hadn't got it organised after all they had only been open 3 months and were still having teething troubles!!!! I for one will never go there again

All day breakfast at Michael woods is a good option

doug

I stopped at Gloucester on the way from slimbridge to Birmingham

Don't get there about 11. 30 am all the breakfast items were still on the counter but they would not serve them as *breakfast is finished* we are setting lunch now20 minutes and several alterations to the counter layout under instructions from a large lady - manager? in the kitchen they started serving most of it was cold -it had been sitting there for 20 minutes or more-and the quality wasn't that good the kitchen couldn't keep up because of the queue

I talked to a member of staff who told me it wasn't unusual but they hadn't got it organised after all they had only been open 3 months and were still having teething troubles!!!! I for one will never go there again

All day breakfast at Michael woods is a good option

doug

But is Michaelwood a good alternative from Slimbridge to Birmingham as you would need to go south from junction 13 or south to the motorway at 14?

Just being pedantic, sorry.

John

Edited by JCloughie

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

thank you for your comment JC obviously not but I didn't make it clear I normally travel from Plymouth and this was a one off as it looked like it wasbuilt into the ground from the motorway If I'm at slimbridge I have the excellent breakfast served up by the black shed just outside tudor caravan park

doug