We Buy Any Car/van

Townie

I'm changing the L200 for a new Ssang Yong Rexton W this month. The dealer gave me a part ex price for the L200 which I thought was fair(ish). When I got home I thought I'd see what WeBuyAnyCar would offer me. I entered the details and they switched me to WeBuyAnyVan. They offered me £400 more than the car dealer. If you're thinking of changing in the future, get a quote off them. It doesn't cost you anything and the may just beat what the car dealer is offering you.

Mike.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

I'm changing the L200 for a new Ssang Yong Rexton W this month. The dealer gave me a part ex price for the L200 which I thought was fair(ish). When I got home I thought I'd see what WeBuyAnyCar would offer me. I entered the details and they switched me to WeBuyAnyVan. They offered me £400 more than the car dealer. If you're thinking of changing in the future, get a quote off them. It doesn't cost you anything and the may just beat what the car dealer is offering you.

Mike.

Be careful Mike,they will try to knock the price down when they inspect the van.

John.

From what I've read, unless you are extremely accurate with your itemisation of all the scratches and warts, they will reduce the offer at the inspection centre.

Land Rover is now back towing.

Be careful Mike,they will try to knock the price down when they inspect the van.

John.

I've dealt with them before John when I sold them my Kia Sportage. They stuck to the price they offered me. If they try to drop it, I can always drive away.

Mike :)

From what I've read, unless you are extremely accurate with your itemisation of all the scratches and warts, they will reduce the offer at the inspection centre.

Would I be anything less than honest when dealing with respectable people like car salesmen?? ;):D:D

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Hi Mike, I dealt with them recently My main dealer could not match there quote, told me the price they quote they will pay me, no problem, on inspection of my car paid the price they quoted me.

I've dealt with them before John when I sold them my Kia Sportage. They stuck to the price they offered me. If they try to drop it, I can always drive away.

Mike :)

Would I be anything less than honest when dealing with respectable people like car salesmen?? ;):D:D

Like the approach Mike

John

I've found a good, free way to get an idea of the value of your car. Go on the Autotrader website and choose the option to advertise your car. Enter the reg. and then the mileage. The site will then suggest an asking price which you can override if you want to. In the case of both our cars the price was substantially more than I expected, even when you allow for some haggling downwards.

Once you have that information you don't have to proceed with an ad.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

But that only gives you asking prices not what people actually pay. For older vehicles I've found ebay a good source - select "completed listings only" when you've put your search criteria in and it will show you the highest bids that were achieved. Often a lot less than asking prices on Autotrader etc.

WRT webuyanycar I've tried them a couple of times and had derisory offers which I easily exceeded selling the car / bike privately. Admittedly it takes some of the hassle out of the process.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

I did qualify my post Ian. It's a quick, easy way to get an idea, not a guarantee that that is the price you'll get.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.