New 2015 Buccaneer Schooner

Alfengland

Has anyone purchased 2014 buccaneer schooner and if so have you had any problems

If it's of any help we have a 2012 Buccaneer Schooner which we tow with our Mitsubishi Shogun. Great caravan and would certainly recommend.

Have had a few issues - PCB failure on Dometic fridge, kitchen drawer unit needed replacing due to warping. There was also a temperature difference between the lounge / bedroom area and that of the rear shower room. Elddis (After some 'negotiation') agreed to pay for an Alde radiotor to be fitted which solved the problem.

The 10 year water ingress warranty offered by Elddis suggests that they have every confidence in the quality of their product. We've certainly no regrets - it is a much loved and much used caravan !

Hope this is of help

We have a two year old SOLiD, went away to the Lakes last weekend. This was the first time I actually considered the van to be fault free and had time to appreciate just what an outstanding product it is. Don't get me wrong the faults haven't stopped us using it but they don't half take the edge off every time you encounter one.

Most of the faults were niggles, but drawers coming adrift show that this is not a Buccaneer of years gone past and floor de-lamination suggests the SOLiD development programme finished early (now fixed: but floor still springy enough for the offer of lengths of angle iron to be glued to the underside as an official fix!).

It's not as wide as the new ones (but then I couldn't get it through our five bar), no underfloor heating (but we like carpets) and really fancy the self leveling but we have air con, sat and solar panel (highly recommended) fitted so don't feel hard done to in any respect.

This is undoubtedly the best van we have ever owned, good looking a dream to tow, call it a gin palace if you want but pitched overlooking the Summer Isles using all the gin I'm not bothered. ..

Would recommend!

Tug:VW Touareg 4. 2 TDI V8

Tugged: Bucaneer Schooner

• 3 weeks later...

We have a 2014 Schooner and have numerous problems which is increasing weekly, the biggest one being any sort of decent customer service from Elddis!

They don`t have any urgency in authorising warranty claims backed up by a lack of response to E-mails and phone calls.

Anybody else having the same experience of the Explorer Group??

Had a few issues on my 2015 Compass Rallye. Dealer was very reluctant to look at it let alone fix it. Called Explorer Group they said speak to dealer.

I'm just amazed that if I buy a car new then any dealer from the North of Scotland our South of England will look at it and repair any warranty work if needed yet a caravan dealer says you didn't buy it here and so we won't do any warranty work.

In the end Alde have agreed to have my caravan for inspection as the dealer hasn't got a clue as to what is going on. And when they do look at and 'try to' fix it they end up breaking something else.

The caravan is lovely and we really do enjoy it and live to be in it but the dealer after sales was and possibly still is horrendous as we need to call them as the BBQ point flap cover came off the other day.

Car - Range Rover Autobiography and a Range Rover Vogue
Caravan - 2015 Compass Rallye 644 with Isabella Commodore, Isabella Magnum Coal 250 and Isabella Eclipse
Trailer - Sankey Mk3 Widebody

Not got a Schooner (would like the 2015 version very much) but our 2013 SoLiD Avante has had a few issues mainly during this second year of ownership. Each time the response from both Elddis and our dealer (Sussex Caravans) has been terrific. It seems odd that so many owners on here report the opposite.

formerly ClassikFan

• 3 months later...

Spoke a bit too soon as I'd forgotten (because it had been going on for two years) the grill that dosen't work, the dislodged interior trim, the peeling photocopied wood grain, the popping water unions and the inoperative alarm. ..

Never a dull moment!

Tug:VW Touareg 4. 2 TDI V8

Tugged: Bucaneer Schooner

• 10 months later...

Hi we bought a 2015 Schooner as it was the van we had always wanted. What a huge disappointment. The build quality is terrible especially anything wooden which is most of it. Cupboard door fallen off in transit, seat base collapsed, glass holder in drinks cabinet collapsed (and no we did not travel with glasses in situ) awning rails not sealed, a frame cover loose, and so the list goes on to over 30 faults the majority of which were noted on its first outing. Don't bother with the stupid little rubber aerial - its hopeless we have had a standard one fitted by the dealership.

To conclude this particular van is hopeless and considering it is suppose to be a flagship van I have been in bargain basement vans that are put together to better standard.

I cannot comment on the whole Elddis range but if this is the standard of their top of the range vans I worry for the rest of the range.

I will say however that the dealership have been brilliant throughout and would fully recommend them.

Hi we bought a 2015 Schooner as it was the van we had always wanted. What a huge disappointment. The build quality is terrible especially anything wooden which is most of it. Cupboard door fallen off in transit, seat base collapsed, glass holder in drinks cabinet collapsed (and no we did not travel with glasses in situ) awning rails not sealed, a frame cover loose, and so the list goes on to over 30 faults the majority of which were noted on its first outing. Don't bother with the stupid little rubber aerial - its hopeless we have had a standard one fitted by the dealership.

To conclude this particular van is hopeless and considering it is suppose to be a flagship van I have been in bargain basement vans that are put together to better standard.

I cannot comment on the whole Elddis range but if this is the standard of their top of the range vans I worry for the rest of the range.

I will say however that the dealership have been brilliant throughout and would fully recommend them.

Other than failing miserably to complete a thorough pdi before you collected it I presume?

PS - Welcome to the Forum!

Other than failing miserably to complete a thorough pdi before you collected it I presume?

PS - Welcome to the Forum!

You took the words right out of my mouth, I was thinking exactly the same.

Had loads of problems with my 2015 Cruiser bought last June and only just got everything fixed this week.

There is a another thread on here about 2015 Buccaneers.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.