Ehu Cable Problem

Chris and Rob

We appear to have a loose wire in the cable at the site electic box end, but cannot get in to the plug. It has two overlapping lugs and an arrow to right hand side with a closed lock symbol to the left hand side of the lugs there is an open lock symbol. I assume that you have to twist it right round until the open lock symbol aligns with the arrow. But I cannot do it. Is this correct or an I missing something.

Hopefully photos attached.

Chris

post-39215-0-37702000-1412864811_thumb.jpgpost-39215-0-51975800-1412864913_thumb.jpg

Volvo V60 D5, Coachman VIP 2016, Isabella Magnum porch awning, powrtouch mover

Adventure before dementia

<p>

Just cut it off and fit a new one. A new plug from Toolstation is only £1. 59.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

It may have been assembled using sealant, I've had this twice. Agree with PR1, replacement is the best option & you get to ensure it's done properly. I've been amazed, over the years, how many EHU cables have loose connections.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

Thats interesting, I have not seen a plug like that before.

Is that a twist and lock to assemble/dissemble or an indicator

for the 1/4 turn to initiate the bollard supply?

Thats interesting, I have not seen a plug like that before.

Is that a twist and lock to assemble/dissemble or an indicator

for the 1/4 turn to initiate the bollard supply?

I do not know assumed it was to undo it but it could be an indicator for the bollard.

<p>

I have a plug similar to that and I have to lever the lock tab upwards with a screwdriver to enable it to be twisted to be dismantled

knarf

I have a plug similar to that and I have to lever the lock tab upwards with a screwdriver to enable it to be twisted to be dismantled

knarf

Agreed. I have come across similar connections. I think I used 3 hands. :)

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Don't have three hands so will take a trip to Toolstation and buy a replacement.

I knew I could rely on this forum for good advice.

Thanks

Chris

<p>