Can Tracker Be Moved To Another Caravan?

Hi,

we are trading in our Valencia Mk1 for a new GT65 and wondered if the Tracker can be switched - we took out a lifetime contract 3 years ago. I phoned the dealer who said they have never moved one as it could be hidden anywhere in the caravan.

Can it be done?

I just moved mine from the old to the new one!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

I understand you can now buy a scanner to locate the transmitter and then either disable it or move it as above, my thoughts are, if its so easy it loses any value as you can be sure the thief's will know this too??

Perhaps I am being a little cynical though?

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

I had Tracker Monitor fitted last year, I was my understanding that the "lifetime" subscription was for the duration of ownership of the van - hence the discounted rate. If you pay by annual subscription the remainder of the annual subscription can be transferred to your next unit.

Unless the new van has a Tracker unit fitted already, they will offer a discounted rate to fit a new one - they don't move the old unit as far as I could tell - just discount the new one. Allegedly it would cost just as much to faff about so they just charge £150 for a new one.

The "lifetime" subscription will end so you'll have to take out a new annual/lifetime subscription.

That was what I was told on the phone anyway, not sure what would happen if you took it out yourself? Best give them a call

Edited by sleepyfolk

Hi,

we are trading in our Valencia Mk1 for a new GT65 and wondered if the Tracker can be switched - we took out a lifetime contract 3 years ago. I phoned the dealer who said they have never moved one as it could be hidden anywhere in the caravan.

Can it be done?

Which tracker are you referring to as you have Phantom, Tracker and some others with Tracker Retrieve not being worth the money paid.

Hi,

Can it be done?

No it isn't, its in the same place on every van of any given type. Just go looking for a cupboard/panel that is not as deep/deeper than you expect it to be when comparing inside and outside measurements. It ain't rocket science.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

Its very easy to locate and expose. After all its the size of 2 bricks. PM me if you need more info.

Your lifetime agreement is for the ownership of your present van. This is probably named. Having said that it could easily be moved and who would know.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Having never actually seen one i had no idea that it was that big (the size of 2 bricks) i thought it was a tiny transmitter hidden away somewhere! You learn each day.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

My tracker is the size of a cigarette packet!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

My tracker is the size of a cigarette packet!

I was including the battery, motorbike size.

My battery failed, tracker wanted £100+ to change. Halfords around £20 and just had to push 2 spade terminals on.

John

Edited by JCloughie

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

• 1 month later...

Thanks all for replies. I chickened out of moving it and contacted Tracker. They have offered a deal to fit a new Tracker Caravan Monitor (not Retrieve) plus PIR. This works out at £515, including lifetime subscription. I thought it was a bit dear, but looking at the cost of the caravan, but also the discount to my Caravan Club discount (10% for motion sensor and a further 10% for the tracker), it will pay for itself in 5 years. Well, it convinced me. ... and we will have peace of mind.

Hi,

Can it be done?

Yes - some customers get their tracker removed because they don't use it and don't want the battery drain - once removed it could be refitted in a new caravan.

You'll need the caravan manufacturer to tell you where it is in the caravan model you have - it's obviously not information that's publicised!

I've got one you can have if you get the subscription changed to it !

Edited by Black Grouse

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES