Unicorn Valencia S1 Drawers

F70100

Usually after towing we find that both drawers opposite the cooker have come open. We store larder items in there so they might be a little on the heavy side so we're looking for a non destructive method of ensuring that they stay closed whilst we're moving.

Any suggestions ??

Freelander 2 and Bailey Unicorn Valencia (Classic Edition. ..)

Been there. ...

Put the same catches as on bathroom drawers and cupboard next to the cooker

Can post pictures if you like. ....

Bailey Unicorn Valencia v1 with MAX Upgrade + POWR HD mover with roller upgrade + ALDE 3010-246 + Al-Ko ATC Display
Seat Ateca 190PS TDI 4WD

We have a piece of doweling diagonally through all three handles.

Freelander 2 chased by a 2011 Unicorn Valencia

Been there. ...

Put the same catches as on bathroom drawers and cupboard next to the cooker

Can post pictures if you like. ....

Pictures would be much appreciated. Forgot to say that we removed the bottom pull-down door to leave a "shoe rack" area.

Pictures would be much appreciated. Forgot to say that we removed the bottom pull-down door to leave a "shoe rack" area.

The bottom pull down door was our first problem - apparently we were unique. ...

Picture attached. ....

post-39114-0-50113100-1412777207_thumb.jpg

Bailey Unicorn Valencia v1 with MAX Upgrade + POWR HD mover with roller upgrade + ALDE 3010-246 + Al-Ko ATC Display
Seat Ateca 190PS TDI 4WD

The bottom pull down door was our first problem - apparently we were unique. ...

Picture attached. ....

That looks very neat, and just what we need.

I had a look at the Bailey Parts website but couldn't obviously see the locks required. Did you source them from here ?

That looks very neat, and just what we need.

I had a look at the Bailey Parts website but couldn't obviously see the locks required. Did you source them from here ?

I got them on ebay - should have got them slightly longer - I got 13mm should probably have got 15mm

I bought these

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/NICKEL-PUSH-BUTTON-CATCH-13MM-door-lock-handle-caravan-motorhome-boat-horsebox-/141236358860?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item20e257cecc

Should probably have bought these. ...

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/NICKEL-REGULAR-PUSH-BUTTON-CATCH-15MM-door-lock--caravan-camper-motorhome/140943867665?_trksid=p2047675. c100005. m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC. MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D25400%26meid%3Dcfb56eceb0fa4c6ca71aaa2503bb9424%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D10670%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D140943868027&rt=nc

Edited by wiz2003

Seat Ateca 190PS TDI 4WD

May I make a request for a photo showing the inside of the middle drawer - just curious to see exactly how they fit.

Got to be worth a pint when I see you on site ;)

May I make a request for a photo showing the inside of the middle drawer - just curious to see exactly how they fit.

Got to be worth a pint when I see you on site ;)

Have taken a picture - let me know if you need more. ...

You will notice that I have had to place a new crossmember so that the lock as has something to lock onto for the middle drawer. .

I did the same at the top as the wood there was not sufficient either. ...

I had plenty of spare time before the caravan arrived. ..

:)

You might also notice my other mod - the plastic insers in the drawers so that things do not fall between the gaps in the metal frame. .. Did the same in the bathroom. ...

My caravan was well inspected by Bailey when it went back recently - I have made a LOT of changes. .....

That pint sounds very tempting. .....

post-39114-0-99638600-1412853427_thumb.jpg

Edited by wiz2003

Seat Ateca 190PS TDI 4WD

We use a length of pipe insulation through all 3 handles which keeps them shut, soft material so no damage and lightweight as well

kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

Have taken a picture - let me know if you need more. ...

You will notice that I have had to place a new crossmember so that the lock as has something to lock onto for the middle drawer. .

I did the same at the top as the wood there was not sufficient either. ...

I had plenty of spare time before the caravan arrived. ..

:)

You might also notice my other mod - the plastic insers in the drawers so that things do not fall between the gaps in the metal frame. .. Did the same in the bathroom. ...

My caravan was well inspected by Bailey when it went back recently - I have made a LOT of changes. .....

That pint sounds very tempting. .....

Many thanks. Looks like a nice little project for the next week or two.

A pint of the Late Red was it ?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to round this topic off, I found a much simpler way to keep the drawers shut when on the road:

post-33770-0-98130600-1414256325_thumb.jpg

The bungee cord hooks at the bottom onto a structural part of the dresser frame and over the bulkhead cutout at the top.

Edited by F70100