C&cc Magazine

tonyradstone

I opted for paperless membership of the Caravan and camping club, I received a notification that my club magazine was available online.

Loged on using my Ipad and downloaded the app as instructed, went to load my first digital copy and was asked to pay nearly five pounds per year to subscribe to the magazine.

They give a reduction with one hand and grab charges with the other (bit like a well known low cost air carrier).

I wonder if the advertisers are aware that are now not reaching the full audience.

We have a Wilderness trailboat it is the same as a Caravan but it floats, the inside fittings are the same as in many Caravans (Lights,Cooker, Alde heating etc), we stay on Caravan sites (Caravan mode) enroute to and from our chosen destinations,and in France on the return leg for two or more nights due to vet visits. www. wilderness. org. uk

i opted paperless membership and pay the £37 a year but do not pay for the magazine i would just not pay for it as there is nothing in it that interest me at all the only reason i belong to the club is for the breakdown cover with the rac membership

Coachman festival 580-4 -Freelander 1 TD4

i opted paperless membership and pay the £37 a year but do not pay for the magazine i would just not pay for it as there is nothing in it that interest me at all the only reason i belong to the club is for the breakdown cover with the rac membership

Ditto

now retired and loving it

I also opted paperless. ..thought the saving would be nice and anyway I could read on line but when the app came out I thought great but to charge us again for the use of it puzzles me! I did write to the club but it wasn't published, if you you have pay to read the magazine through the app then you might aswell stick with the mag. coming through the post.

You should still be able to read the mag via a web browser as it does say

Online version of the Club magazine with additional and exclusive content.

Edited by fatgit

You should still be able to read the mag via a web browser as it does say

Yes you can but not very good on an Ipad, in my opion

We have a Wilderness trailboat it is the same as a Caravan but it floats, the inside fittings are the same as in many Caravans (Lights,Cooker, Alde heating etc), we stay on Caravan sites (Caravan mode) enroute to and from our chosen destinations,and in France on the return leg for two or more nights due to vet visits. www. wilderness. org. uk

I renewed today for £42 with the paper copy, because I can light my fire with it once it's been read.

You can't go burning ipads to light the fire! ;)

Not only that, I find that reading things like mags & newspapers on line, just doesn't hold my attention as much as the printed page and while I will quite happily take to, or even keep a magazine in the bathroom, I won't take the ipad or laptop in there.

The reason (they said) that they charge for the app, is that it a new thing for the club and has more content than the printed version, but as it becomes more popular, the club will look into if they still need to charge for the app.

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

I renewed today for £42 with the paper copy, because I can light my fire with it once it's been read.

Not only that, I find that reading things like mags & newspapers on line, just doesn't hold my attention as much as the printed page and while I will quite happily take to, or even keep a magazine in the bathroom, I won't take the ipad or laptop in there.

The reason (they said) that they charge for the app, is that it a new thing for the club and has more content than the printed version, but as it becomes more popular, the club will look into if they still need to charge for the app.

Neither can you swat flies with an iPad!

You can with some PCs. ..

http://www. theguardian. com/technology/2014/apr/11/sony-battery-fire-risk-new-vaio-pcs

I don't seem to be able to sit and read a magazine on the PC, tablet or phone. I can read books though. *shrug*

I don't seem to be able to sit and read a magazine on the PC, tablet or phone. I can read books though. *shrug*

I think the issue is with the layout of the magazine on an iPad which is not like reading a page from a book. You have to zoom in and then scroll up and down to read it unless I got it wrong?

Im glad weve gone to paperless membership. We found the CCC magazine bored the hell out of us. In the end only used to take it out the wrapper and put it straight in the recycling. Much prefer the CC magazine