Gt65 Window Catches.

gmc15

On all 3 front windows on my Pegasus GT65 the adjuster knobs are actually touching the window. When I try to open the windows I can't turn the knobs properly as they are quite tight up against the plastic of the window. The van is only a few months old and there are already markes on the windows where the knobs are rubbing. Has anyone else come across this problem? All the side windows are fine with plenty of room, it is only the actual front ones that are causing a problem.

Graeme.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

It is the same on my Unicorn II Barcelona but only on the front central large window. The knob touches the 'glass' and would scratch it if I carried on using it carelessly. I avoid the problem by slightly pulling the knob inwards thus putting stress on the support tubes but at least there are no marks. A bad design point.

We have the same Graeme. I solve mine by not opening them, and use the side windows instead.

Do think its a bit of a daft 'characteristic'

The knobs serve little or no purpose once the windows are latched shut so I never even bother to tighten them in the shut position!

The knobs serve little or no purpose once the windows are latched shut so I never even bother to tighten them in the shut position!

They do act as an additional security feature. If the windows are locked shut on the knobs as well as the catches it'll be more difficult for someone to open them fully.

Re the catches - we have a similar problem on the Coachman and in very hot weather in France this year I couldn't close one of the windows until the heat had disappeared as the window seemed too big for the aperture. It must have swollen in the heat (or the surround had). Had a similar problem years ago with a upvc front house door which had been left open with the sun beating on it. When I came to close it it was far too big for the gap! Was late for work that day, as I had to wait a few hours for the sun to go off the door and for it to cool down. Never left it open in the early morning sun again!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Security on caravan windows is virtually non-existant with or without the knobs, a heafty screwdriver can simply lever the window open, shattering the latches and/or the window, whether or not the knobs are tightened. By far the best caravan security feature is trustworthy friends on other pitches.

Thanks everyone. I just worry that after a couple of years of the adjuster knobs rubbing against the window, it will eventually wear a hole. Not quite sure what can be done to stop it, but I think I will mention it at the vans first service next year, just so it is on record and if I have any problems with the windows they should be repaired/replaced under warranty.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017