2014 Super Sirocco

Hi,

We are on the hunt for a 2014 Super Sirocco. I would be interested in views from any current owners if possible, any particular points to look out for etc. Looked at one at the weekend and seems fantastic on the surface.

Also, can anyone recommend any dealers for parts? We are Hampshire based and I had a phone around today and can't find any dealers who are particularly interested.

Thanks, Mark.

Have been away for a few days and noticed your post. Are you looking at buying from a dealer or

privately? I've had a Supersirocco and liked the design/layout. I have found that whilst any Elddis

dealer may agree to service your van very few will deal with warranty work unless you bought it from

them so its important to try and find a dealer as close to home as possible.

What have you found so far, is it a private sale or via a dealer?

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies and link, also the numerous private messages. Today we jumped in with both feet and ordered a 2015 Super Sirocco, whether it was the right or wrong thing to do only time will tell!

• Like 2

Good luck with the new caravan.

We will be looking at 2015 Supersirocco at the show on Thursday. I've noticed that they have put the in board water tank under the double bed - I would have preferred it to have been elsewhere

especially as we never use it. If we decide on this model I may ask Elddis if they would leave the

tank out.

What dealer did you eventually decide to use?

Thanks, We went with Sussex Caravans, their Ashington site. We were waiting for the show but their deal seemed pretty good, a good reduction, part ex price and some extras in there too. Not delivering until March on our request.

Good luck with the new caravan.
We will be looking at 2015 Supersirocco at the show on Thursday. I've noticed that they have put the in board water tank under the double bed - I would have preferred it to have been elsewhere
especially as we never use it. If we decide on this model I may ask Elddis if they would leave the
tank out.
What dealer did you eventually decide to use?

Just seen your based Southampton so pretty close to them. They are at the show, ask for Andy, I would be interested in what deals would be offered at the show as he assured me they wouldn't be able to beat what was on the table at the weekend!

I had got Andy down on my list to visit at the show. I'll see what he can do for me bearing in mind we do not have a part exchange.

I also intend to speak to Elddis about aspects of the 2015 Supersirocco.

I'll send you a post on the result.

• Like 1

We bought our 2013 special edition Avante from Sussex Caravans and they have been very good to deal with since.

• Like 1

formerly ClassikFan

Good to hear from the last post because we eventually decided to buy the New Buccaneer Schooner yesterday, at the Show, from Andy at Sussex Caravans for delivery in March.

We went up to the NEC on Wednesday and looked closely at the Crusader Supersirocco which we had previously owned, then did a quick tour round to Coachman (Laser) , Bailey (Barcelona) and Lunar (Delta RS) but liked the two Elddis twin axle models (Supersirocco or Schooner) best.

We stayed with friends local to the NEC and after a sleepless Wednesday night went back to the show and finally decided on the Schooner. It was not an easy decision as our local Elddis Dealer was not at the show to help us sort out mover upgrades and solar panel deals etc. should we have gone for the Supersirocco and he could not sell the Buccaneer brand anyway.

I did have to think twice about the 6 inch extra width on the Buccaneer and may have to buy one of those all singing, all dancing GPS units in which you can program in the size of the rig or find sites that are just off motorways!!!

I also wanted to remove the inboard water tank which Elddis are putting under the fixed double bed on both the above models, .

I have never used the extra tank anyway and I need all the under bed space for my toys. Elddis were very helpful in this matter and my caravan should arrive without the tank.

I also looked closely at the EP hydraulic levelling/jacking system that comes as standard on the Buccaneer. If I had gone for the Supersirocco I would have thought about fitting the system after delivery. Out of interest the southern area installer for the EP system is Rosmia who are situated very close to Sussex Caravans.

The only thing I would of liked to of seen in the new Buc is with the extra width they would of at least fitted a king size bed or Queen would be better. . 1400 mm is a bit of a squeeze for us 2 .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.