Cheltenham Models. Sought After?

laurielaurie

Fawn, as I recall, is the smallest. Cheltenham are good quality vans, with the usual caveat- damp! Safari are similar, but are more traditional in shape.

Always seem to be a Cheltenham or two on Ebay . ... Sable was the most popular model.

Do a google for the Cheltehham Owners Club, they have a good website.

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

Amazing!

Much in demand as if you decide now, you may get it this time next year :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I do watch this site & dream . .

that Carlight . . wonderful . . waiting for Cheltenham Eland (40s/50s pre fibreglass) 4 berth, end kitchen (but the Disco Queen would say 'NO'

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Yeah, Discokid, that Carlight Caribbean- want!

I saw one two weeks ago on That Site, appeared perfect, 1970, two owners, kept indoors, little used, owner wanted £3500. I would have had it, but I'd just paid (a little) more for my Casetta, "rebuilt" by Carlight three years ago. Moral - don't buy a rebuilt caravan unless you want to finish the job yourself. Mine cost the previous owners £18000, and they owned the caravan.

Another worth watching for is Burlingham . . late 40s-50s . . they did a 'Sportsman' model which carried a boat on top for going trout and salmon fishing!

---------------------------

I Know . . going off topic!!!

Edited by Disco Kid

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Like the carlight cassetta and also the thomson mini glen. The Cheltenham deal fell through - gutted! Still looking everyday, till the right one crops up. Wanting to bring one back to life. I will start a build thread when I get one :-)