Review: Auchenlarie Caravan Site

WELL PLACED SITE WELL RUN AMENITIES ALSO FOR VIEWS OF SOLWAY FIRTH PLENTY FOR CHILDREN ON SITE LARGE INTERTAINMENT COMPLEX

MANY LOCAL ATRACTIONS NEAR BY AND GOOD SHOPPING IN CASTLE DOUGLAS AND GOOD FOR STRANREAR ferry TO IRELAND

Click here to view the UK campsite review

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, how can a place change in a few years (31 to be exact :rolleyes: )

I visited this site with 2 friends camping in the early 1980's. and although it is a distant memory, the must have been tourers and statics because the club house was there, right next to the sea on a small cliff, and a fish/chip shop. The tent field was sloping down towards the sea, and it was very quiet.

The main concern was would I get a pint, as although I was 18, I only looked 15 :blush:

It was a memorable holiday when I went there around1965 with my parents. I think it was in our Nene Valley tourer. I remember seeing a grass snake, absolutely terrified of them ever since!

We also went horse riding with me on a horse with my cousin, it threw us off in a ditch, and now I'm a dithering mess if I even see a picture of a horse I hate them.

On the plus side I remember going into a club on the road outside the site, and learning Scottish Dancing.

I was around 5 yrs old at the time.

It must be doing something right to have lasted so long. Ha Ha from Mrs Burnsguitarman

Edited by burnsguitarman

2017 Swift Elegance 580  towed by 2015 Volvo XC70