Squeaky Bathroom Door

olblueeyes

Hi all we have just purchased a lovely pegasus 534 but we have noticed that the door to the bathroom has an annoying squeak when it is almost shut, any ideas as to what I can use or do to help stop this please, thanks in advance, martin

A lot of washroom door squeaks come from plastic door surrounds flexing and rubbing against other plasticky contact surfaces. Its a matter of doing a bit of investigation. I take a thin piece of paper and slide it between suspect contact points to see if the squeak stops.

Maybe a stupid question but have you tried a little WD-40 or cooking oil on the door hinge?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Agree with Dreadly. It's common for hinges to squeak especially when new. A spot of lube' is all they need usually.

Ern

If its not the hinges, sometimes its the inside edge of the door rubbing on the wall.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

HI, i had this squeak on my 534. The hinges squeaked and the plastic surround on the frame also squeaked. Silicon spray on the plastic surround cured the sticktion (is that a word?) noise.

The hinges took ages to silence, wd40 didnt work so i put a drop of oil on the hinge tops. The door was opened and closed over and over again for ages before silence was obtained.

Thanks fello caravaners, it does seem to be more like the rubber or plastic door seal thats on the frame more so than the hinges that squeak, I have some great silicone spray that I picked up from lidle a while back maybe give that a go 7n the morning, martin

We used awning rail spray on ours - it was the rubbery/plastic seal that squeaked and stuck.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Hi There

Is it a hinged or sliding door? Reason I ask is that our sliding door has a spring, set in the sliding gear to "trap" the door when it's closed ( and open as well) which operates on the last few inches of travel. IF it's a slider - this could be the squeaky bit?

If it's a hinged door - I usually use spray multi-surface furniture polish on the hinges, latch and edges of an offending door - less of a pong than WD40.

:D

Jim

"keep your motor running"

caravan: Avondale Avocet ( 2006) - tow car: Renault Laguna (2007) - play car: Mercedes 300SL (1988)

I have found two things can cause a door to squeak;

One is rubbing contact between the hinge edge of the door and its frame

Another is the hinges themselves, ptfe spray or silicone will stop it.

Sometimes the hinges get pre-loaded when they are fitted, slackening off

the screws to allow a relaxation of this tension (preload) then carefully retighten.

Thanks fello caravaners, it does seem to be more like the rubber or plastic door seal thats on the frame more so than the hinges that squeak, I have some great silicone spray that I picked up from lidle a while back maybe give that a go 7n the morning, martin