Rear Road Lights

Mapman2

Hello, I am a new member to this forum and unaware of the workings of it. What is a Topic Tag?

The reason for this topic is to ask if any of you have experienced a failure of the rear road lamps (ours is a Sterling Elite Diamond 2013 model) due to the insulation of the cable being 1" too short where it passes from the chassis and into the rear apron. This cable is literally trapped between the wooden floor and a sharp steel plate. This allowed the individual wires to chafe on the metal plate causing the rear lamps to become earthed and failure of the 5 amp fuses. I don't understand why a 10p grommet wasn't used to allow unobstructed passage of the cable.

Welcome.

When you start a new topic, you do have that Topic Tag box below the title. You don't have to use - most don't. Anything you put in there makes it easier to find this topic from the search box (top right hand corner).

As a mod, I can edit your post, so I have added the tag 'lights' and you will see it below the title and it looks like a luggage label :)

However many do not understand its use and put a sentence in there.

For example, people want to know how to upload pictures so I added picsupload as a tag to a post many moons ago. So searching for picsupload should find it.

End of lecture. ..........

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Your van should still be under warranty. Have you asked your dealer to investigate and raise the issue with Swift?

Welcome.

When you start a new topic, you do have that Topic Tag box below the title. You don't have to use - most don't. Anything you put in there makes it easier to find this topic from the search box (top right hand corner).

As a mod, I can edit your post, so I have added the tag 'lights' and you will see it below the title and it looks like a luggage label :)

However many do not understand its use and put a sentence in there.

For example, people want to know how to upload pictures so I added picsupload as a tag to a post many moons ago. So searching for picsupload should find it.

End of lecture. ..........

Thank you WispMan, a good concise lecture, now I am clear re the tags.

Your van should still be under warranty. Have you asked your dealer to investigate and raise the issue with Swift?

Thanks b4bill, yes, it is still under warranty and it is booked in for its first annual service next week. I have just written to Swift so will see.

There is no need to write to Swift over a warranty issue as your contract is with the supplying dealer who is responsible for fixing warranty problems.

Swift will just refer you back to the dealer.