Hi everyone, I'm totally new to this caravanning thing, my parents had one and we went away every weekend and the whole of the summer . I have a Bailey Senator 9000 1995, an old one but a good one. My tow car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD V6 Auto. I was wondering if someone could possibly guide me in the right direction please, I'm looking for info on the Carver Fanmaster and a possible fix for no heat. many thanks x

Edited by Serendiipity

Welcome.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

:welcome:

Knaus sudwind 500 TL C4 grand Picasso 2. 0 hdi 138 EGS Exclusive

I'll move this to heating so that it will benefit from greater exposure to people with advice on heating.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Welcome. The Carver Fanmaster was a gas fuelled heater with an optional 230V electric heating element. Ignition of the gas heater could be manual push button, or electronic (small battery). The heating in that 'van is almost certainly ducted air which is powered by 12V from the 'van battery. So the reason for no heat can be one of many. Sorry I have to ask this - Do you know how to operate it? Under what circumstances does it fail to give heat?

Also. Have you browsed through the other threads on here (there's one almost next to this one) as you will gain a wealth of knowledge from doing this. You will nearly always find someone else with the same questions as you - and I mean on any subject.

Edited by Ern

Ern

If you have no heat, I assume it is not lighting . . way back I had a fire that would not light because no gas was getting through owing to a build up gunge in a pipe leading to it (that is another topic . . gunge can kill the regulator ) . . I would suggest that until you get (really) familiar with the 'vans working, call in a mobile mechanic . . people on here would probably be able to recommend one local to you.

Welcome back to caravanning.

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .