Dfds & Camping Cheque Offer

just received, by email and post, what I thought was a very good offer if you book by 31st October - a return crossing for car & caravan, including 3 camping cheques from £120! Then read the small print "caravans up to 5m" - couldn't believe my eyes. That would mean that the majority would end up paying the supplements, which I haven't even bothered to look at.

Interestingly, your car can be up to 6m, so add both together & you get 11m. Wonder if they've mis-printed the details?

Motor home restrictions are for vehicle up to 6m long & 2. 35m high - those that will fit on the car deck! Come on DFDS, this is what I call misleading advertising - you can do better than this, bring back genuine discount codes!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Something definitely daft there! Or are they just being cunning to lure customers their way?

Caravanless. ...

I binned mine

I have now!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

just received, by email and post, what I thought was a very good offer if you book by 31st October - a return crossing for car & caravan, including 3 camping cheques from £120! Then read the small print "caravans up to 5m" - couldn't believe my eyes. That would mean that the majority would end up paying the supplements, which I haven't even bothered to look at.

Interestingly, your car can be up to 6m, so add both together & you get 11m. Wonder if they've mis-printed the details?

Motor home restrictions are for vehicle up to 6m long & 2. 35m high - those that will fit on the car deck! Come on DFDS, this is what I call misleading advertising - you can do better than this, bring back genuine discount codes!

binned mine, did you read the small print, re sailings?

seems like no daytime sailings at all at that price. and no vip lounge deals.

checked with C C for next march and dover/dunkirk works out at £92. 43, without camping cheques, so that will be it.

unless the show code makes it cheaper.

ps the price for cheques is unchanged even though Euro has fallen.

€16 = £12. 50 yesterday. cheaper to buy on french website even with admin fee.

rip off britain again?

cheers rodders B)

cheers rodders

Edited by rodders68

skoda superb hatch 1. 6 tdi towing bailey ranger 380

There may be one redeeming feature of this advert, which is that if you book a 5 metre caravan, and then suddenly 'remember' that your caravan is actually just about 6 metres, they won't charge you anything extra. We did that in May this year, when we'd had the caravan back from France for a service. I noticed our ferry booking said 'small caravan' so rang DFDS and they said 'Don't worry we allow up to about a metre without any extra charge'.

However, this is no longer the generous offer we've got used to and it may be that the Caravan Club NEC offer (which is stated by a member of staff to be 25% off sailings - but no details of which/dates/times/lengths etc). If it applies to all sailings and all caravan lengths then it will be OK, albeit not as good as previous offers, but if it's limited like this one is then I think we'll just have to start getting used to more expensive ferries again. They have been exceptionally cheap in recent years.

Yeah got both email & post can't work out if they think we are the fools or we think they are the fools, this isn't the first time that company has pulled these tricks that's why I would never book with them