Dometic Fridge Rm7371 Pcb Board

Just a long shot. ...................

The connecting shaft between the temperature control knob and the PCB control broke on my fridge. Whilst replacing the shaft I accidentally caught the three position selector switch (12V/230V/Gas) off came the top of the switch and out sprung the switch contacts and springs !!

A complete search of the caravan failed to find one spring & contact.

Does anyone have an old faulty MES 241 2771-10 PCB they would like to sell me for the switch?

Thanks

Rod

This site in Germany shows part numbers for spares. Any good?

http://www. sperrfechter-caravan. de/epapers/Ersatzteilkatalog/mobile. html#/page/95

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Thanks for the suggestion.

The switch is actually mounted direct onto the PC board. I need to find the exact same rotary switch then I can carefully take it a part (not loosing the spring) and rebuild my switch.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and in Australia but have a problem with the PCB on my RM7851L. The part number is the same as discussed here being MES 241 2771-10. I have pulled out the circuit board and where the X105 connector meets the board it has gotten too hot due to a short and burnt out the track off the negative connection and I presume the diode that is immediately below the X105 connector on the negative track. the X105 connector is running off the 12V DC connector block on the top of the fridge. If your were standing in front of the fridge, it is the left hand side of the board that I am interested in to the immediate above right of the energy selection switch, being the most left connector on the board. Clear as mud?

It looks like I can replace the diode and bypass the burnt track with another wire and the rest of the board looks fine. What I really need is the detail on the size of the diode and it's orientation. Per chance would anyone have a close up photo of this section of the board showing the detail I am after? Or even a circuit board diagram. It would be a pity to replace the whole board, not to mention expensive if a bit of know how can sort it out. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Dave

Edited by davebigfish1

• 5 years later...

Rod

How did you fix this problem? Mine broke as well and I am trying to change the knob that controls the three way and it came off with spring and contacts falling out when the arm when the male part broke off. Can this be repaired? Or do I have to buy and entire new circuit board?

• 3 months later...

Hi Rod. 

I know this is along shot as your post is back in 2014! The shaft on my switch has also broken gas, 12v , 240v. Do you know where I can purchase a new shaft? Thanks Bob