Fiunary Caravan Park, Morvern

Hi all . ....

. ... any-one been there . ... what's it like . .... etc.

I know it is single track road to get there . ... BUT I've looked on Google and it looks like a fairly open and straightish road . .... with little traffic . ...

Ta

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Gosh . ... this site must be a little gem . .... No one been . .....

Definately going . .... Now . ....

Pete

Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Reviews are very good. Tis a C and CC Cert Site.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I have not been to the site but have driven solo in the area a couple of times. The roads are single track as you say and relatively narrow. Unlike some single track roads, which are open and you can see ahead for a long distance, these ones are sometimes limited in vision due to woodlands and twists and some of the passing places are quite short in places and would not take a car and caravan. You say the roads look quiet and at this time of the year they probably are but you need to check if timber extraction is taking place anywhere along your route (phone the site) as the timber lorries take no prisoners when they meet you. You may need reversing skills on a narrow road with drop offs at both sides to ditches.

Have you checked the distance (and time) that you will have to tow on single track. Unless you are willing to pay the high cost of 2 ferries to get you to Lochaline, you will probably be crossing on the Corran Ferry and it is a considerable distance from there. I am always amazed where caravans are sited in out of the way places on the West Coast but the majority of these are permanent.

Good luck if you decide to go and it is a beautiful part of the world but it might be indicative that the reviews I saw for the site were either tent or motorhome with none from a caravan.

If it's the site I've spotted solo, I'd say it would be a better approach from the Fort William-Mallaig (road to the isles) road.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

If it's the site I've spotted solo, I'd say it would be a better approach from the Fort William-Mallaig (road to the isles) road.

Hi Mal . .... I think you must be tinking of another site . ...

This is approached via the Corran Ferry and Strontian . ...

Cheers

Pete

Is it in a village?

Is it in a village?

Is it in a village?

Mal . ... not really a village . ... bearly a hamlet . ....

It's on the B849 on the south edge o Morvern . ... over-looking the Sound of Mull . ....

. .... have Goggle . ....

Cheers

Pete

Not the one I'm thinking of. I'd have my doubts taking my caravan over that side of Loch Linnhe.