We All Know Which Way The Aerial Points When Travelling.....

Wunny

. .... pointy end to the rear of the caravan, like what it says in the user manual.

But, early this morning, wide awake from 04. 00, I watched a caravan programme presenter towing his Pursuit, with the aerial pointing across the van whilst travelling. tsch!

Mind you, travelling back home from Somerset the weekend before last, the majority of caravan's aerials we saw, were in many other positions: fully extended, @ odd angles between horizontally and vertically polarized, forwards, sideways, but rarely backwards.

I wonder if those owners ever have any troubles with water ingress etc.

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

I think you are worrying too much, a mans aerial position is his prerogative.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

. .... pointy end to the rear of the caravan, like what it says in the user manual.

But, early this morning, wide awake from 04. 00, I watched a caravan programme presenter towing his Pursuit, with the aerial pointing across the van whilst travelling. tsch!

Mind you, travelling back home from Somerset the weekend before last, the majority of caravan's aerials we saw, were in many other positions: fully extended, @ odd angles between horizontally and vertically polarized, forwards, sideways, but rarely backwards.

I wonder if those owners ever have any troubles with water ingress etc.

I do not think it has anything to do with water ingress it is about the fact that it could damage the actual aerial caused by airflow.

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

Heyho. .........we have had this recently. ..Manufacturers recommend that the blunt end goes forward and apparently this appears in many of the leaflets on new models. ......not in my wardrobe it doesn't. ..but if you visit, say, Coachman, you will find they have all the aerials that way. ......

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530