Leaking Whale Water Inlet

Sparrowhawk

Water drips from the base of my whale water inlet plug,tried tightening screws,but it still dribbles,can anyone suggest a answer?

Do you mean when you switch the tap on, or permanently? Mine has a 'reverse flow' when I remove the

pump. Does it affect the operation of the taps? You may need to replace the black O ring on the pump.

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Or fit a one way valve :D

Evening Graham :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hello Sparrowhawk

If you have the same Whale system as on our 2013 Elddis Affinity its the ic type. The leak you have could be the same as ours. The plug which connects the pump to the Van water inlet was leaking, I undid the fixing screws and foung the leak was on the water pipe push fit. I contacted Whale who sent a complete new pump assembly. They also sent spare O rings though they were not the cause.

On the Elddis the whale water system has a 3 year warranty, If the warranty has expired you will need glue suitable for pvc to fix the leak.

Penman

The Watermaster Inlet is a one way valve! - or, to be precise, a non-return valve.

And sometimes a bit of dirt might just get into the pump, travel up the hose and then get stuck in the non-return valve of the watermaster inlet . ..... thus preventing it from being a "one way valve".

I think Wlale's Instruction Sheet gives info on how to clear any particles.

If it's leaking from the Pump connector then you might find that the adhesive that Whale use to fix the hose to the connector has failed and it needs the joint re-making.

Hope that this helps!

Pabst

Sorry Penman - I was still typing with one finger when you posted your reply!

I think we're saying the same thing!

Pabst

Or fit a one way valve :D

Evening Graham :)

Morning Graham! (didn't catch you last night!) :)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Many thanks to all above,I'm not sure how to access the non return valve is there a blow up of the whale inlet assembly?

• 4 weeks later...

SS16

Do you have a drip on the inside of the caravan to the rear of the Whale Watermaster? And also, does the plug on the outside of the caravan, when the pump is connected, leak sometimes? I have the same problem on my 5-month old Elddis Affinity 550. I have tried tightening the screws on the inside of the Watermaster socket, but this has not cured the problem.

A Dutch caravanner (also with a new Elddis) on the same site as myself in Spain came to me this morning to ask if I had had any leaks on the inside of the Watermaster. I said no, and showed him under the bunk. To my horror, we noticed that water was actually dripping onto the floor from the Watermaster! He has contacted his dealer in Holland, who are sending out a complete new Watermaster kit - and he hopes this will solve the problem. I await the result with bated breath.

We currently, therefore, have no water in the caravan, as I have switched off the pump and partially drained the system down. This is a bind, as the toilet is on the pump system and not its own tank.

I have contacted my caravan supplier and await their reply.

Is my problem the same as your problem?

SS16

Do you have a drip on the inside of the caravan to the rear of the Whale Watermaster? And also, does the plug on the outside of the caravan, when the pump is connected, leak sometimes? I have the same problem on my 5-month old Elddis Affinity 550. I have tried tightening the screws on the inside of the Watermaster socket, but this has not cured the problem.

A Dutch caravanner (also with a new Elddis) on the same site as myself in Spain came to me this morning to ask if I had had any leaks on the inside of the Watermaster. I said no, and showed him under the bunk. To my horror, we noticed that water was actually dripping onto the floor from the Watermaster! He has contacted his dealer in Holland, who are sending out a complete new Watermaster kit - and he hopes this will solve the problem. I await the result with bated breath.

We currently, therefore, have no water in the caravan, as I have switched off the pump and partially drained the system down. This is a bind, as the toilet is on the pump system and not its own tank.

I have contacted my caravan supplier and await their reply.

Is my problem the same as your problem?

Phone Whale, as they seem to have an excellent customer service dept.

• 5 years later...

i had the same problem inside, i found that the o ring on the  non return valve was rock hard, replaced it and now is fine. I still got a drip outside tho, not sure if its the pump or filter. Ps. Got a o ring kit from toolstation for less than £3.00.