Pursuit Side Lockers

Mikaroony

Hi all,

Not posted on here for a while. .

I was sat at a caravan site last weekend and saw a Bailey pursuit, it wasn't the fixed bed model, it was the 560-5, very nice caravan from the exterior but then I thought where does all the stuff go, I doubt very much water pipes would fit in, and I don't think I would want them in the car or in the interior of the caravan, maybe I'm wrong?

So my question today is how much stuff can you actually fit into the side lockers?

Thanks

Visit my website - www. railadvent. co. uk

Loads! I went from the same on my olly to the Peggy. Same change, but can still hold a load of stuff if you need them to

Thanks milky, they must be a tardis!

Where do you put the water pipes

The side lockers are brilliant for storage IMO.
All my toilet stuff goes in along with the waste pipes.

Bike locks, fishing bait, and towing mirrors with room left over.
Its my "garden shed" on holiday. :)

They can fit water pipes in?

They can fit water pipes in?

If you are talking about rigid pipes, cut them to whatever the largest dimension is and use connectors. :)

Sam :beardy:

I am talking about the grey water pipes and clean water that you can buy

Edited by Mikaroony

I am talking about the grey water pipes and clean water that you can buy

I must have 15m of pipes that coil up and go in my lockers. Add together the aquasource. And that's just one locker. The other is used for toilet chems, mirrors and dog hooks/leads etc

Thanks milky, they really look small from outside

They really are roomy. We have a flexible washing up bowl, alko Jack, alko hitch lock,steady winder,spare wheel winder,wheel chocks, mains lead, toilet fluid,dog spike and lead in one. Can just juggle Locklloy leveller into other one. When we arrive we put the aquaroll and wastemaster bags,awning bags and folding chair bags in as well.

Thanks dobloseven, it looks a great choice!

Does anyone own the 560/5?

Is they tv points in the rear lounge? Or electric sockets?

Thanks

Look on the pursuit 540/5 thread.

Look on the pursuit 540/5 thread.

Could you link the thread dobloseven?

Thanks

Look down the list of topics for Pursuit 540/5 last post was from Andy on 27th September he/she was pleased with their 560/5. Thinking back to when we looked at the NEC I don't think there is a TV point though I could be mistaken.

Thanks dobloseven

I'm sure a dealer keen to make a sale would fit them for little or no cost. We got an external power point and a barbeque point no problem.

Has any had any problems with the way the door is? Or is it not a problem

can these lockers fit the toilet fluid in stood up?

Hi chaps, yes we have a 560/5 and very pleased with it generally.

The two front lockers are huge inside but the doors are quite small, so no way of getting a wastemaster in.

There's no plug socket in the rear, but our dealer fitted a double one for £70. 00. I dare say they'd do same with a TV point too.

Anyway we are generally delighted with it!

Passed a Bailey dealership this morning and stopped to look at a new Unicorn 2 berth and also couldn't work out were the waste containers and pipes go. No front locker and no side seperate lockers!

Only things we found going for the van was the larger fridge which obviously reduced the size of the bathroom and a handle to help you get in. Otherwise it certainly did not look like a top of the range caravan

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Hi Andy,just wondered what you put in your side lockers?Thanks

All sorts really, but nothing too heavy as it's a nose heavy van already.

So the heavy stuff I store is limited to the hitch and wheel lock when travelling, hook up cable, steady winder and a basic tool kit. Everything else is lightweight such as the awning floor mat, bottle of pink flush, water and waste pipes, aquaroll handle and wastemaste wheels, plastic levellers etc. you get the picture.

As I say they are huge inside but the doors are abut small.

Passed a Bailey dealership this morning and stopped to look at a new Unicorn 2 berth and also couldn't work out were the waste containers and pipes go. No front locker and no side seperate lockers!

Only things we found going for the van was the larger fridge which obviously reduced the size of the bathroom and a handle to help you get in. Otherwise it certainly did not look like a top of the range caravan

My take on the mk3 exactly. Very nice 'van, on the surface, but. ...the more useful features of the mk1.(int tank & pump, front side lockers, versatile cupboards etc. etc.) have been deleted. Some desirable improvements but not enough to make up for the many deletions. &.... the overhead lockers are shallower to the point of being next to useless. If this is in any way (apart from the price) a top-of-the-range 'van then Bailey need to look to the opposition.

& that’s coming from a satisfied owner of a (dry!) mk1. Disappointed is what I am. I'm very tempted to change brands next time. I might even go back on my promise never to buy Elddis ever again!

Any interested Bailey salepeople (are rarity I'll grant you, salespeople are usualy only interested until money changes hands. Improving the product or pleasing the customer is apparently not part of their training otherwise) are in for an ear-bashing at the NEC LOL.

Edited by micktheshed

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

My take on the mk3 exactly. Very nice 'van, on the surface, but. ...the more useful features of the mk1.(int tank & pump, front side lockers, versatile cupboards etc. etc.) have been deleted. Some desirable improvements but not enough to make up for the many deletions. &.... the overhead lockers are shallower to the point of being next to useless. If this is in any way (apart from the price) a top-of-the-range 'van then Bailey need to look to the opposition.

& that’s coming from a satisfied owner of a (dry!) mk1. Disappointed is what I am. I'm very tempted to change brands next time. I might even go back on my promise never to buy Elddis ever again!

Any interested Bailey salepeople (are rarity I'll grant you, salespeople are usualy only interested until money changes hands. Improving the product or pleasing the customer is apparently not part of their training otherwise) are in for an ear-bashing at the NEC LOL.

With all due respect chaps this is a thread on Pursuit lockers? So why are your discussing the Uncorny here when there's a perfectly suitable 51 page thread already? :)

With all due respect chaps this is a thread on Pursuit lockers? So why are your discussing the Uncorny here when there's a perfectly suitable 51 page thread already? :)

Sorry that was my fault but I thought that all the Bailey's looked the same.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John