Does This Car Exist?

Woodie106

As of tomorrow we will have 4 children - 3 of whom will be under 4 & need to sit in a car seat.

The other is our 15 year old who is a 6'1" prop forward. We also have my mum living with us who although quite spritely, is 77.

So we need a 7 seater at least. I'd like a 4x4 because I just would. It doesn't have to tow anything bigger than my small erde 100, so towing capability is not an issue.

What it does need though, is to be able to seat 3 child car seats with easy access to all 3 so we can buckle them in. At the moment we've got an 05 Chrysler grand voyager but it's rapidly closing in on the 100K mark so we are looking to update to something maybe a bit newer.

Trouble is we can't seem to work the 3 child seats in with easy access in a 4x4 as they all have a bench second row & 2 seats in the boot, leaving no space for buggies etc.

the GV has 2 seats in the second row with a big gap between & then a big rear bench.

I'm stuck so could use a few suggestions if anyone has any.

Oh & one more thing - we may also have to consider another child coming in to the house in the not so distant future, maybe around the 9 or 10 year old age group.

Mrs W isn't a great lover of van looking vehicles, but I think she may have to think again

Thanks

Woodie :unsure: :unsure:

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

It 's not a 4x4 and it looks like a van. We have a ford tourneo mini bus. Three good seats across the middle, wiith a flat floor good for potty training, easy access to rear seats. Lots of room for trolleys, changing bags and all 6 rear seats are adlut size. Tows well and drives like a car. We have two young childern and two older ones with friends all like the room and ride of the bus.

Sprite Quattro dd Volvo xc60

Volvo XC90. 3 child seats in 2nd row, 2 seats at the back but still a goodish sized boot even with the 2 rear most seats in use. I dont have one any more but they are great cars, perhaps go and have a look at one? Not silly expensive and only 2. 4 litres. Buy a post 07 model though.

Powrtouch AWD Movers. E & P Compact Levelling System.

As above, my mate bought a mini bus for his extended family,

I think it was a Leyland/DAF 400 in beautiful condition.

Previously he had tried a VW Transporter and a Land Rover.

Edited by gumdrop

Some X5's come as a 7 seater, but if you get another child then I think your options will be very limited, probably to some sort of minibus as already mentioned.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

+1 Tourneo . I had mine in about 2000 . Loved it . Could not get the OH out of the drivers seat . With the 3rd row of seats on a fold and roll it gave bags of space and without lifting seats about . Mine was a 8 seater instead of a 9 seater with the 2 front seats . instead of a bench .

The only thing I found was as a mini bus it need a different MOT .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I believe the Toyota Landcruiser is available as a 7 seater

It is but with 7 seats in use buggy and junk space is tiny.

The land cruiser Amazon is also available in 8seater guise also worth looking for an imported previa they come with 8 seats and have a 4x4 variant if it has to be 4x4, if not look at the Mercedes Viano beautiful machine but expensive or the ford transit torneo lot of bang for your buck.

We have six children so know this market space well and found that for us it was better to think long term And have a nice seven seater and for the rare occasions where everyone wanted to come with mum and dad we would take the second car as well. This had its advantages as all of a sudden not only could they all come with us but they could have a friend or in our sons case his girlfriend!!

We have now lost son to university and the seven seater works for all

We only went in to have a look!!!

Shogun?

You should be able to fit the buggy behind the third row of seats.

Regards,

Stephen

Olympus II 620-6 & Mitsubishi Shogun

Follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter

That's almost as odious as the Rodius!!

We only went in to have a look!!!

Disco!

2020 Swift Eccles 650 towed by Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 4.4

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!"

My nephew has four children and drive a large square shape Hyundai.

His wife drives it and really likes it.

Sorry I can't remember its name, but its big like a mini bus.

When I worked the chap I worked with also had four children, he bought a people carrier but hated it, so they went back to just driving two normal cars, they managed somehow.

I am not a fan of cars with seats in the "boot" area having seen what happened to a friend when the car he was in was rear ended by another car.

I am not a fan of cars with seats in the "boot" area having seen what happened to a friend when the car he was in was rear ended by another car.

that's kind of why we're looking at getting a newer Grand Voyager. There is a good size boot on it when all the seats are up, certainly enough space for a double buggy & a whole lot more besides, so there is as much distance between the back seats in those as there is in any standard 5 seat.

Local dealer has one in & he normally has a bunch of 4x4's in there as well, so might take a look.

At the moment we can be objective as we can't afford anything until we've had a couple more pay days.

the other decision is, do i spend a whole bunch on the current GV in an attempt to get a better price, or cut my losses & run with what ever i'm offered? It needs some work doing that will definitely get done as it sounds like something the beverly hill billies would drive at the moment. Suspect its the auxiliary belt tensioner bearings gone & thats a garage job. need a service as thats well overdue, so will get done at same time, but also has a geert big dent in the passenger front door from when Mrs W had an argument with a school gate & came of decidedly second best. the alloys are shockingly bad, as they are with any voyager & the front bumper needs re-lacquering & the air cons rubbish too. All in all its about £1k i suppose & i'm not sure i'll get that back.

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................