Gutted

milkymarsh

New tug sat on the drive. Can't go anywhere as just had a knee OP and not allowed to drive for a fortnight. :(

Am having to be taxi'd about by SWMBO, and there is a risk that I may not get the tug back after the fortnight is up. ..

Make sure you get the first off road trip in it! Alternatively, you could just disconnect the battery and use your knee as an excuse not to sort out the problem for two weeks. .... Ha ha!! Hope your knee gets better soon!

Edited by RobJS

Caravanless. ...

New tug sat on the drive. Can't go anywhere as just had a knee OP and not allowed to drive for a fortnight. :(

Am having to be taxi'd about by SWMBO, and there is a risk that I may not get the tug back after the fortnight is up. ..

I'm waiting on a knee operation and hoping it will be sooner than later as were booked to go to Spain at the the end of January.

According to my GP the MRI scan is showing two tears which will need surgery to correct the problem .

How long have you been waiting for treatment

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2020 Kia Sportage GT line S

Hi Milkymarsh - hope the knee gets better soon. Just have to lie back & enjoy being chauffeured around for a few weeks :D:

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

I'm waiting on a knee operation and hoping it will be sooner than later as were booked to go to Spain at the the end of January.

According to my GP the MRI scan is showing two tears which will need surgery to correct the problem .

How long have you been waiting for treatment

The issues with mine started in April courtesy of a Great Dane running straight into my kneecap. Gp asked me to wait 8wks to allow nature to take its course, then post this 6wks Physio, then after another visit it was acknowledged that I needed to be referred. Then took 3wks for the go to write a letter so I could go private (healthcare courtesy of work). Between first private visit and being operated on was 7wks.

Issue for me is the consultants has said to me that now that the kneecap is damaged to the state it is, he cannot cure it, but he could make it more comfortable. He has even given me a dvd of the operation! fascinating really and it really showed the issue. Litmus test of driving will be being able to make an emergency stop. If not then I can't drive. At the mo, I wouldn't want my knee to be anywhere near a car brake pedal!!!

Edited by milkymarsh

Hi Milkymarsh - hope the knee gets better soon. Just have to lie back & enjoy being chauffeured around for a few weeks :D:

More like I have to close my eyes! Its either stop or go, no happy medium.

Make sure you get the first off road trip in it! Alternatively, you could just disconnect the battery and use your knee as an excuse not to sort out the problem for two weeks. .... Ha ha!! Hope your knee gets better soon!

Now that's a thought Rob!

Good luck Milky

I know what it's like with a wife who has a digital foot in an auto. .........

Look on the bright side at least there will be no discussion on who drives home and you can have a drink 😉😃🍺

Does Mrs MM tow?

Edited by MPG

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

Good luck Milky

I know what it's like with a wife who has a digital foot in an auto. .........

Look on the bright side at least there will be no discussion on who drives home and you can have a drink

Does Mrs MM tow?

Not allowed to drink at the mo. on 15 tablets a day!

Mrs MM doesn't tow. ...and at the mo, it looks like oct half term will be sacked too as I'm not allowed to kneel for at least 8wks, so that's me scuppered with the bed in the van

Not allowed to drink at the mo. on 15 tablets a day!

Mrs MM doesn't tow. ...and at the mo, it looks like oct half term will be sacked too as I'm not allowed to kneel for at least 8wks, so that's me scuppered with the bed in the van

Bummer.

😢

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

IF it comes to it you could look at having the vehicle modified to allow you to still drive . Hopefully you will get better .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .