More Chaos On M5

Humphrey

Just thought I would let fellow caravanners to expect delays due to roadworks on M5 between Junc 23 -24, expected to start now until March 2015.

Thanks for the headsup, Humphrey . .. at least they've kept it to the less busy periodof the year.

Mind you, "chaos" might be a bit of an exaggertion . .. I've just been up and down to Devon and the massive roadworks north of Birmingham on the M6, and also south of the city on the M5, were anything but chaos . .. probably the best bit of the journey - stick the cruise control on 50 and relax!

John

Stuck in the queue just past jct 20 for an accident at 18A on Monday 29/9/14

10354673_10203334346133510_1268859717415

And in the mirror

10612595_10203334361093884_1199925676913

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely

That seems to be the common sight on any motorway these days, now the M1 seems to mostly gridlocked from J19, junction with the M6, right down to J15, due to the fact they are replacing the central reservation barriers. Everywhere I go, gridlock is now common.

Edited by Marks

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

To be fair, having seen the tragic results of HGV's crossing the central reservation I am quite happy to wait while they are replaced.

That seems to be the common sight on any motorway these days, now the M1 seems to mostly gridlocked from J19, junction with the M6, right down to J15, due to the fact they are replacing the central reservation barriers. Everywhere I go, gridlock is now common.

Isn't this going to get worse, watching the Motorway programme last week and they were showing the new M6/M1 and A14 changes and they won't be quick.

The cathorpe junction, everyone's favourite, even with the roadworks the traffic is no worse than it was on a normal day, the original junction was a dogs breakfast, the people who built it should hang their heads in shame, it was the epitome of poor design and doing it on the cheap, only to spend 4 or 5 times as much later, fixing the problem.

Stuck in the queue just past jct 20 for an accident at 18A on Monday 29/9/14

10354673_10203334346133510_1268859717415

And in the mirror

10612595_10203334361093884_1199925676913

Sorry a quick off topic, you have a tyrepal, how do you get on with it?

Edited by Marks

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Sorry a quick off topic, you have a tyrepal, how do you get on with it?

When it was working absolutely fine, but every time it was switched off it lost contact with the off-side sender when switched back on. I still need to contact them to resolve that.

In use it does clearly show the pressure and temperature rise in the tyres.

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely

I dont know why you lot are complaining. At least you have motorways and even with delays I bet your average speeds are still higher than some of ours.

eg Poole to Swindon 70 miles, 2 hours, Poole to Bristol 70 miles, 2 hours

Down here we dont even know what motorways are.

and for Paulthomas public transport is even worse.

Edited by poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry: