First Family Trip To France. Any Site Recommendations?

So next year we are planning 3 weeks in France but haven't got a clue where to go. There's me, the wife and a 9 year old boy. We want to find a clean site with decent shower blocks, plenty going on in the way of swimming pools, entertainment, shops, villages, and so on. Oh and not forgetting a bit of course fishing for Dad would be nice too :-) Coastal would be nice but at the expense of the course fishing maybe? Are there areas in France where the weather tends to be better than others? As it will be our first proper holiday in a few years I don't mind pushing the boat out and paying for a good site/pitch.

It's taken me long enough to talk the other half into doing this type of holiday so the last thing I want to happen is to end up in a dump with small pitches, nothing going on, dirty shower blocks and two weeks of rain!

Any recommendations?

thanks

Edited by tinbox

Hi Jason

We went across for the first time this summer and are booked up to go again in 2015. We took in Paris region, Loire Valley and Normandy. If your looking for a big site with plenty on it, including a fishing lake I'd recommend Berny Riviere- indoor and outdoor pools, restaurants, lazer tag, bowling and although not on the coast it has a man made beach!

In the Loire we stayed at les Saules near Bloir- small site but again very good. In Normandy we stayed at Le Brevedant which has a restaurant, bar, swimming pools and again a fishing lake.

This year was the best Holiday our family have been on hence the reason we're booked up again!

Hi - I would recommend south of France if travel is not an issue. Yelloh village is a great group of sites - la Brasilia and serignan plage are both excellent.

Mid france I would recommend les alicourts - has big lake for fishing, pool and water ski rip wire.

Garangeoire in the Vendee lots on site to keep a 9 year old occupied plenty of fishing lakes and close to the beaches.

Also a fairly easy trip to the Puy du Fou which is well worth visiting.

http://en. camping-la-garangeoire. com/

http://www. puydufou. com/en

Edited by Steve Drew

Steve

2017 Dethleffs Globus I1 Motorhome.

Castels group of sites, visit their website, one particular one we found to be one of the most relaxing, chilled, laid back sites was Chateau Chanteloup near Le Mans, swimming pool, fishing, cycling, restaurant and a bar, massive pitches (and I mean massive) and the finest host in Dominique and his son Henry. We also stayed on L'Anse Du Bric, coastal site with beach, pools, games rooms, bar restaurant and pizzeria.

www. camping-castels. co. uk/

Edited by Phil O

A good way of finding a larger site, with all those facilities, is to have a look at the Eurocamp and Canvas Holidays brochures - and then look at prices booking directly with the site. They have loads of larger sites, and for a first-time holiday, it's an easy way of also making sure that there will be other British visitors. I think all the sites recommended above will be in the brochure.

Our first holiday in France was with Eurocamp in a ready-erected tent, and it was so good that we've been going back as a family, and then as a couple for thirty four years. Now my sons both camp in France with their friends and families.

well we really like the site Steve Drew suggested http://www. camping-castels. co. uk/camping-la-garangeoire-id253-id_camping4. html but it is showing sold out every week in the year. This can't be right can it??

Some sites may not have opened booking for next year yet, we found this when we booked domiaine colombiere in frejus - it's between Cannes and st tropez - fantastic site, close to all the action you'll ever need, alternatively it's close to quiet and tranquil. I'd recommend you head to the south - it's a full 2 days driving in France to get there, but worth it. Let me know if you want anymore info

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Would be worth knowing if you were going to go via Dover/Calais or Portsmouth/Plymouth? That could influence people giving advice. We went to Camping Letty, Benodet in Brittany a couple of times. Had generally good weather and plenty on the site for our son in terms of pools etc. Lots to see off site not sure about fishing.

HTH

Seesaw

2012 Swift Conqueror 630 towed by Toyota Hilux Invincible

Would be worth knowing if you were going to go via Dover/Calais or Portsmouth/Plymouth? That could influence people giving advice. We went to Camping Letty, Benodet in Brittany a couple of times. Had generally good weather and plenty on the site for our son in terms of pools etc. Lots to see off site not sure about fishing.

HTH

Seesaw

We live in the midlands so either port is fine with us.

thanks

\

Les Rivages is nice in Millau.

Not coastal, but has a nice river beach for the kids to play in.

Fishing available too, although can't comment on the quality since I'm not into fishing at all.

If you contact them direct, they will let you choose a pitch and reserve it for you.

River pitches are great.

Edited by SteveMilner

Olympus II 620-6 & Mitsubishi Shogun

Follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter

L'Etoile D'argens at Saint Aygulf, Fishing, near seaside, nice site with big pitches. Wortha look.

Volvo XC90 D5 AWD, Lunar Ultima 615,Towing at 62%

You have a second chance at life it's called tomorrow!