Overhead Lockers Dimmer Lights Problem

PapaT

We have experienced a problem with our overhead dimmer lights, as they switch themselves off periodically without any warning.

It's never occurred when we are in the van, but returning to find one side in particular off. They switch back on okay, but would welcome any other members comments to see if this is common problem?,with coachman VIP 560/4

Mercedes Benz GLC 250d Sport, towing Coachman VIP 575 2018

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry PapaT, I cannot help, ours in our 2014 VIP 520/4 work a treat, best get it into the dealer to sort the problem out

Les

Les

I am not saying it is a common problem but it is something the dealers know about.

My dealer at first laughed as I did when my wife told me ours did it when she used the igniter on the cooker. Fortunately it did it for the service department after a few times of trying. On contacting Paul Gallagher at the factory it was a known thing and a new control panel was ordered from B. C. A and fitted and there as been no problems in the last 14 months.

Hope this helps

Andyvon

No problem with ours on our 2013 VIP.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

I am not saying it is a common problem but it is something the dealers know about.

My dealer at first laughed as I did when my wife told me ours did it when she used the igniter on the cooker. Fortunately it did it for the service department after a few times of trying. On contacting Paul Gallagher at the factory it was a known thing and a new control panel was ordered from B. C. A and fitted and there as been no problems in the last 14 months.

Hope this helps

Andyvon

Thanks for that advice, and although this does'nt cause us grieve we shall bring this up prior to our next service.

Edited by PapaT

Mercedes Benz GLC 250d Sport, towing Coachman VIP 575 2018

No problem with our 2013 VIP either but have noticed that one set of the lights is a warmer shade than the other, doesn't bother us much but may point it out at the next service.

No problem with our 2013 VIP either but have noticed that one set of the lights is a warmer shade than the other, doesn't bother us much but may point it out at the next service.

Rita, I've only just noticed that the small section above the microwave is brighter than the rest. Now I've spotted it it's really annoying. Oh, and the other annoying thing is that there are no lights over the centre cupboard on the other side - that looks odd too!

Glen.

Glen, do you think this is an intentional design as our lights seem to be the same as yours?

Could do with a set of lights under the middle cupboard opposite the kitchen as it is a bit difficult to read the heater control panel.

Could also do with an overhead light in the centre of the van

Les

Les

Glen, do you think this is an intentional design as our lights seem to be the same as yours?

Could do with a set of lights under the middle cupboard opposite the kitchen as it is a bit difficult to read the heater control panel.

Rita, on our first outing we thought we had a set of LEDs out above the middle cabinet, but there was a Pastiche on the same site and we went over and asked them if they had the same gap, which they did. I don't know why Coachman didn't put a strip here - maybe too awkward above a small, protruding cabinet. I also agree with you about not being able to see the panel - we keep a small torch on the shelf underneath for emergency nighttime use, but I often find myself using it to see the reading on the panel. Obviously you don't need it once you press a button on the panel, as it then lights up.

Les, re a central overhead light - we find that putting the strip lights on under the kitchen cupboards and the dinette cupboards opposite helps if you need general light centre of the van.

We really like the lighting in the van, but there are just a few quirky things which, if fixed, would make it better!

Glen.

Rita, on our first outing we thought we had a set of LEDs out above the middle cabinet, but there was a Pastiche on the same site and we went over and asked them if they had the same gap, which they did. I don't know why Coachman didn't put a strip here - maybe too awkward above a small, protruding cabinet. I also agree with you about not being able to see the panel - we keep a small torch on the shelf underneath for emergency nighttime use, but I often find myself using it to see the reading on the panel. Obviously you don't need it once you press a button on the panel, as it then lights up.

Les, re a central overhead light - we find that putting the strip lights on under the kitchen cupboards and the dinette cupboards opposite helps if you need general light centre of the van.

We really like the lighting in the van, but there are just a few quirky things which, if fixed, would make it better!

Glen.

We love our van and are extremely pleased with the build quality but it is really strange why Coachman should put two different coloured led light strips in their vans and think that people won't notice it.

I think another good change would be if you could have night mode lighting in the bathroom, i. e. have the lights working apart from the shower. It's a bit like Blackpool illuminations if you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I have found one way around it though, I have a led under cupboard light with a motion sensor on it which means that it is not such a rude awakening. Mind you you have to be quick or keep waving at it to keep it on! Apart from that it is perfect.

I think another good change would be if you could have night mode lighting in the bathroom, i. e. have the lights working apart from the shower. It's a bit like Blackpool illuminations if you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

I thought exactly the same and considered different options. In the end I decided to add an additional single C-Line switch to the existing double switch as in the photo. The new single switch now controls the main doorway LED down light. The double switch now controls just the bathroom lights with all on the left switch except the LED down light above the toilet which I separated onto the right switch. Out for the first time with this small change and I'm much happier with the more subtle lighting from the one LED down light at night.

Rich

Coachman 2014 Pastiche 520 Bathroom lighting mod photo1

Coachman 2014 Pastiche 520 Bathroom lighting mod photo2

2014 Coachman Pastiche 520/4 | 2013 Freelander 2 HSE

I thought exactly the same and considered different options. In the end I decided to add an additional single C-Line switch to the existing double switch as in the photo. The new single switch now controls the main doorway LED down light. The double switch now controls just the bathroom lights with all on the left switch except the LED down light above the toilet which I separated onto the right switch. Out for the first time with this small change and I'm much happier with the more subtle lighting from the one LED down light at night.

Rich

:goodpost: Nice one Rich

Les

Les