First Trip With Caravan.

ssomers22

That's us back from our first trip with our Caravan which we bought two weeks ago and what a roaring success it was. The kids had a ball!

I was surprised how easy it was to tow the van but thankful for the help from nearby caravanners when I was trying to reverse my caravan onto it's pitch. We ended up unhitching it and pushing it in. ..so much easier.

Southerness was a good site with friendly staff and cracking facilities/entertainment for the kids. Both my kids eyes lot up when they saw the flume in the swimming pool. The weather was extremely kind to us and my son and daughter even managed a wee paddle in the sea. .. in September!

Anyway just wanted to say thank you to all if you who took the time to offer me advice over the last few weeks, it's much appreciated!

Looking forward to the next trip!

Cheers

Scott

Glad your first trip away was successful Scott, you'll be itching to get away again now :)

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

So happy for you all and glad all went well :D

Is there an industrial estate near you that you could practice reversing or super market car park later in the evening ?

Are you going away next half term ? ;)

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Thanks people.

Yeah there is Doosan. I'll need to get up there for a bit of much needed practise!

We're going with a crowd to Turkey the next school holiday so it's more than likely to be next March before we get back out. The plan was always to buy it in Autumn and give it a makeover during winter before starting up properly in Spring.

Definitely got the itch to get back out right enough!

I keep it in my drive. I'll prob practise up Netherton Industrial Estate.

Cheers

Its addictive, once you have got home you are planning your next trip!

We use the van all year round now as it seems a shame for it just to be sat on the drive as its a bit cold. ........

Mike

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

I can recommend Beecraigs country park caravan site in Linlithgow if you have some free weekends.

It's open all year round, has a large play area and forest walks to keep the kids entertained and has large pitches with plenty of space to practice reversing. Its usually quiet in the winter months and has a great shower block with huge shower rooms.

Bailey GT65 Ancona Following Vauxhall Antara