Xtrail Tekna 173 2014 (Old Shape)

klarky

hi,

just acquired a 2014 plate,having had an 08 plate,which has been brilliant.

all the specs say it has a 6 cd changer,but its only a single cd, or am i missing something,also no headlight adjuster. ...both a backward step in my opinion.

one good thing. ....it does play mp3s lol

also looking in the service and manual booklets,theres no indication of service interval,some sites say 18000mls some say 12500(as my other one),going to have to phone up nissan????

Edited by klarky

nissan xtrail tekna 173 . ....SERIES 2 UNICORN VALENCIA 2013

Hi klarky, I have the one down from you. If memory serves me correct you have xenon headlights therefore by law it must have self adjusting headlamp leveling. Hence no manual override. Don't know about the cd. I have about 6 albums on my usb stick which works excellent and as you say about 4 in mp3 format on the disc.

Edited by PaulR

yeah,dont need the 6 cd changer now,as you say,put them on disc in mp3 format or on usb. but why advertise it as that?????

is the service interval still 12500 mls???

I agree its interesting when you read the (dreaded) small print spec can change from the brochure. The service is now 18k, so that's an improvement. All in all happy with my car got it mid February and it now got 11. 5k on the clock. I think the older model is better looking as I don't think all the extra plastic adds anything but that's personal opinion. Very happy with the fuel much better than my Freelander as I'm getting 43/44 on my daily commute.

I think if memory serves re CD changer, do you not press 1 then put in CD then press 2 and put in next one etc?

Nissan X trail Dci 150 Sport - Bailey Ranger 520 /4

If like me you have built in satnav you don't get a CD changer or MP3/USB connectivity. I guess there isn't room on the dash for both!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Hi Mal, my car has the sat navigation and usb input in the arm rest (its 7 month old)

If mine has I've missed it - for nearly 3 years!

Yeah,usb and jack in centre box between front seats. have been told it is still 12500 ML service,but someone else also said no,it's 18000. Wa

iting for a reply from nissan.

It's deffo only a single cd changer, my 2008 plate was a 6cd changer,pressing 1-6 to load or eject.

I like this shape and style,and it's a much better drive,and I think slightly bigger. :-)

If mine has I've missed it - for nearly 3 years!

How do you update your sat nav? (If you do)

never. .....will use my garmin. ...cost of upgrade for nissan is around £150. ...bloody joke :angry:

How do you update your sat nav? (If you do)

As per klarki, I don't, although anecdotally it is possible to obtain 'unofficial' update disks to download, I wouldn't go down that road. It's foolish to rely on satnav anyway.

As per klarki, I don't, although anecdotally it is possible to obtain 'unofficial' update disks to download, I wouldn't go down that road. It's foolish to rely on satnav anyway.

they are sd cards now,and according to the manual they are not suitable to use on a computer/laptop etc as it may corrupt the disc(laughable)then again it might,,,,,in other words its a ploy to stop you from copying it and selling it/passing it on. if you put poi's on, it goes to internal memory,not the disc.

may after 2years upgrade just to keep it up to date. ...then again i may not lol

have looked for sites to upgrade from,can't find any yet,yet poi's/speed camera databases are available???

mine is registered from july 2014 so hopefully!!!!! it has the latest map

Edited by klarky

My car was February this year I asked if it would come with the latest maps sales said yes but when you look at the settings it 2012.

I use poi for speed cameras from pocketgpsworld weekly updates £20 per year also a free year if you report a new camera location. I just have and now have a year free.

Yeah I've had a look at pockets. ... May well spend £20 for camera database. ..... Seems ok if you can find a new. camera lol

A new set of Spec Ave speed cameras were installed about 3 weeks ago on the A1 Gateshead for long term road works. I reported this when I seen them and no fuss an extra year was added to my account. Most impressed.

Got to say that I like the alerts as I drive to lots of locations often looking for addresses as I drive and its too easy to miss a camera and geat a NIP although not deliberately speeding.

Yeah I've had a look at pockets. ... May well spend £20 for camera database. ..... Seems ok if you can find a new. camera lol

Yeah,usb and jack in centre box between front seats. have been told it is still 12500 ML service,but someone else also said no,it's 18000. Wa

iting for a reply from nissan.

It's deffo only a single cd changer, my 2008 plate was a 6cd changer,pressing 1-6 to load or eject.

I like this shape and style,and it's a much better drive,and I think slightly bigger. :-)

Nissan do a menu of servicing.

I always went with the 1 year 12 month one call "M" services.

The Mazda has a rubbish (compared to the Nissan DVD sat nav) Tom tom SD card system.

First thing I did was make a duplicate SD card and also backed up to the hard drive.

Also backed up to double layer DVD for the old Nissan satnav, it disappointing if Nissan claim you can't with the hard drive version.

I think if memory serves re CD changer, do you not press 1 then put in CD then press 2 and put in next one etc?

That's how mine was took 6 disks.

I would still chose that over the Mazda I have now which has USB, BT, and single disc player that will play MP3.

Edited by xtrailman

So you can duplicate the nissan sd card without damaging. ....how did you back up the internal memory????

So you can duplicate the nissan sd card without damaging. ....how did you back up the internal memory????

Sorry I wasn't clear its the Mazda SD card I've backed up.

I would back up the Nissan SD card anyway, I can't see why it should fail, but if it does warranty should cover it?

What nav does Nissan use now?

I think it's a navteq based system. ....you can use a postcode and input 1 waypoint at a time. ...will still use my garmin,suppose it's there to use as a backup lol

Edited by klarky

Sorry I wasn't clear its the Mazda SD card I've backed up.

I would back up the Nissan SD card anyway, I can't see why it should fail, but if it does warranty should cover it?

What nav does Nissan use now?

No warranty will not cover it

I copied my SD card as a just in case before I started installing my own poi's.

They would have to prove you didn't use the card in another device,I think we all know sd cards and the like are easily corruptible. .... Hence the warranty would be difficult to annul on that basis. ....imho