After a long lay-off I went to engage my Reich mover yesterday, but found the remote control wasn't working; no red light. This is one of those black jobs with red buttons - 2006.
Checked the battery, and it was indeed a bit low (7v) so bought another one.
Still no go. Whereupon I looked through these forums and found a similar problem from some years ago (now closed) where the gentleman had exactly the same problem.
But learned that a replacement unit would cost £145 Arghh!
So, nothing ventured nothing gained, I took the thing apart (four screws from the back, and four screws from the circuit board. Simple.
Bingo! I found the fault - easypeasy
You will find that the CB is connected to the front button-face by a plastic ribbon strip which plugs into a small white connector block.
Pull the ribbon out of the block and, using a magnifing glass, carefully and gently scrape or clean the tiny exposed ends of the wires.
(With any such contact problems I usually make a point of lightly wiping surfaces with a little Vaseline to prevent future oxidisation.)
Plug the ribbon back, reassemble, and you're ready-to-go.
Hope this will help others in a similar predicament
PS I only charge £144 for this advice