Jump to content


Approved Member
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About madasaman

  • Birthday January 28

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
  • Make & Model of Towcar / Toad
    Volvo XC60 R Design
  • Caravan / Motorhome / Static (Make and model)
    Swift Eccles 560
  • Year of manufacture (Caravan / Motorhome / Static)

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. We were recently at Tewkesbury Abbey site on a serviced pitch, it had Electric, water and grey water. No black water, never seen one with blackwater disposal on the pitch.
  2. Totally agree, the caravan club changed its name to Caravan and Motorhome Club, shouldn't be long before the Caravan bit is dropped altogether.
  3. From Gov website :- On or after 28 September 2021 You will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following: a GB identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack) a Euro symbol a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales numbers and letters only - no flag or identifier If your number plate includes the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack), you do not need a UK sticker. If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate. If you have a GB sticker, cover or remove it. Thinking ahead, already bought them and fitted to number plates, oval ready to replace GB on caravan when I get down to storage. Hopefully will be useful next year.
  4. Google says yes, why not search for it in the app store.
  5. Got mine off Ebay, going for normal oval type for van to replace GB one on there already. Didn't have anything on car as only had it 2 years and haven't used it abroad yet due to Covid.
  6. I have a 1050 Isabella for long holidays and a Kampa 330 air for shorter stays. 330 is fine for us two, would prefer a 390 or 400 but as I say it suits us 2. We can get the table and chairs in there no problem. Only down side is ours doesn't have zip out doors or front so is a bit heavy to get through to position. Plus we dont bother trying to use it if the ground is sloping a great deal as there is very little compensation.
  7. You could look into getting it extended as charlieboy2608 says, I had my Isabella Capri extended by 50 Cm, the max Isabella will increase 2 years ago. They did an amazing job, wasnt cheap at 350ish but awning was virtually new, so better to pay for increase than sell it and buy another.
  8. Funnily enough I just this minute received and put the UK stickers on my mumber plates. Hoping to get abroad soon.
  9. This uncertainty is one reason we decided to give this year a miss as well. I realise I am more likely to catch it in the UK, but isolation would be in my house, and we have relations to get and deliver food.
  10. 50 cm is nearly 20 inches so personally I wouldn't consider it.
  11. Will campsites agree to this? are there dedicated sites near ferry terminals for isolation?
  12. Just a query, if returning from France and the antigen test proves positive, WHAT happens then? Do you have to isolate in France? or will they let you go through and become the UK's problem?
  13. There is usually a main fuse in the wire from the battery somewhere close, have you checked that one
  14. I had a Volvo 940, marvelous towcar, sorry I decided to part exchange it. On my second XC60 now, another great tow car.
  • Create New...