Here are our top tips on preventing theft from static caravans:
Protecting Your Valuables
Valuables don’t just include your TV, computer and cash and credit cards. Sentimental items need not have a great financial value but are irreplaceable if they go missing and these should be taken into account when considering our tips here too.
• Take portable items such as keys, cash, credit cards and bank books with you when you go out.
• Store bulkier valuable items such as your TV, AV equipment, microwave, etc. out of site when you’re out and about, and try to remove them altogether if you’re away for long periods of time.
• Mark all valuable items with an anti-theft UV pen – with Towergate’s static caravan insurance we send all policyholders a free DNA and anti-theft marker kit – priceless when it comes to protecting your property.
Securing Windows and Doors
Static caravans are notoriously difficult to secure effectively, and so deterring thieves before they act is essential. As well as the tips below, placing anti-theft warning signs onto your windows can help in preventing theft from static caravans – we include these within our policyholder’s anti-theft kit.
• Ensure all windows, doors and skylights are well secured and locked.
• Draw back curtains so that anyone looking in can see that valuables have been removed.
• Never leave a spare key hidden in the vicinity of your static caravan.
A properly managed static caravan site will have a warden on site all year round and patrols should be in place. The Ramtech security system is a good way of preventing theft from your static caravan, with an internal sensor alarm fitted within your home to detect break ins, which is linked to the site office or the site manager’s home so that they can react if there is an incident. With Towergate’s static caravan insurance, fitting a Ramtech system will also add a 12% discount to your premium.
• Always activate your alarm system, even if leaving your home for a short time.
• Double check your system is working before leaving your static caravan.
• Invest in a bolt-in safe to store smaller valuables.
Wishing You A Happy Holiday From Our Static Caravan Insurance Team
Helping you to reduce risk, your static caravan insurance is there to help protect your leisure time as much as it is there for your assets. Taking our common sense tips into account can really help provide you with the relaxing holiday time you deserve.
Touring caravan spring check
Taking your touring caravan abroad in Europe
Static Caravan Safety – Gas and Electricity
Touring Caravan Accident Matters
Securing your static caravan’s windows and doors
Security in your motorhome
Touring caravans and bicycles – insurance basics
Security against theft of your outdoor items
Touring Caravan Accidents Abroad
Choosing Alarms for Static Caravans
Motorhome holidays abroad
Touring caravan security devices
Touring Caravan Storage Site Security
Losing your passport while away
Security in your touring caravan
Touring caravan awning security