In addition, when arranging your static caravan insurance here are a few questions to ask which will help you ensure all the detail you require will be included in the policy:
• Does the policy include a ‘new for old’ option and does this have an age limit?
• Does the policy fully cover me for any damage to the structure of my caravan and the site pitch?
• If the worst should happen and I am left with a damaged static caravan that is uninhabitable will the insurance cover me for debris removal and the re-siting of the caravan?
• Will the cost of any emergency accommodation be covered?
• What fixtures, fittings and content items are covered by the policy?
• Is there lock replacement cover in case of a break-in or lost keys?
• Am I covered for any accidental damage such as fire, falling trees, frost or water damage?
• Am I covered for any damage by animals such as pets, wild animals and vermin?
• Are any other sundries covered, such as loss of freezer foods?
• If I find myself in a dispute will my legal fees be covered?
• What is the excess on the policy?
• When arranging your static caravan insurance, as it the case with any insurance, take time to shop around for the best content and the best price. It is also a good idea to see if companies will match or better quotes.
Here at Caravan Talk you’ll find that lots of our members have a great deal of specialist knowledge about motorhomes and caravans. If you are not yet a member why not join today and tap into the wide range of expertise available on our forum?
Caravan insurance – A useful guide
Insurance advice from the Ombudsman
Car insurance and caravan towing
Caravan Servicing and Warranty Security
The benefits of motorhome insurance