Farewell Coachman 560/4 (And Good Riddance)

bandybash

Have parted company with our 2012 560/4, worst piece of junk I have ever owned!

3 battery chargers ( 2 holidays ruined by their failures)

Water pressure switch failure, also taking out the submersable pump due to constant running.

Toilet flush module failure

Door Flyscreen failure

Door handle failure

Thetford fridge very poor

Microwave failure

Faucet swivelling spouts tightening and causing them to unscrew

Telescopic radio aerial fell to bits

OH locker door metal strips detaching

Pioneer radio/CD player never used as far to complicated and facial trim fell off constantly, dealer never fixed, despite reporting twice!

Curtain tie backs Velcro fell off every trip.

Many bulkhead connectors coming detached exposing large gap between them and the bulkhead so obviously fitted under stress or in other bodged!

Rooflight struts seized (all 4)

On taking it back to the dealer for one of its many warranty repairs, dealer told me I expected to much from it? CMC Aftersales useless and warranty document a good work of fiction. Will I miss it NO, will I own another Coachie NO!!!!!!!!!!!'mm

Porsche Cayenne Turbo tugging 2012 Coachman VIP 560/4

So why are you selling it?? :D What are you replacing it with?

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Better remove it from your signature then!

Good luck with the replacement - if you're getting one. Hope it serves you better.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Oh dear, very sorry for your bad luck. ... Thought coachman was the Rolls Royce of the caravan world. ... Many will say different, hope it hasn't put you off for life. ..

Edited by gooney1971

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

Youve just been unlucky.

Regardless of make you get your good and bad ones.

Heres hoping your new one (whatever it is) is a good one

About 9 of your 14 items are down to component failure of items fitted by Coachman that are in common use with other suppliers,

You must be extremely unlucky.

• Like 3

Steve

2017 Dethleffs Globus I1 Motorhome.

As Steve Drew said the majority of the defects were not of Coachmans doing and are manufacturers used by all the caravan brands.

That is not to belittle your issues BTW which I know can be very frustrating. I waited nearly 6 months for a replacement Hartal door lock assembly under warranty - just an observation.

• Like 1

Land Rover Discovery Sport 180 SE Tech 2016 - Fuji White

Coachman Festival 640/6 - 2011

Sorry to hear of your probs, we also own and proud to have the coachman 560/4

We have owned this van since Feb 2012 and cannot fault this make and model,and would certainly go for another.

Mercedes Benz GLC 250d Sport, towing Coachman VIP 575 2018

Only 3 chargers,

1) I had 6 before BCA finally realised they had fitted incorrect components making the 12v lights flicker

2) 2 Alarms (Sargent) due to draining battery.

3) Replacement Thetford Fridge due to total failure

4) Re-sealed all flush windows (back at the factory) due to factory workshop human error

5) Replacement main door seal due to leaking rubber joint

6) Replacement road wheel due to casting fault

7) Metal strips in the overhead locker doors moving which unsealed the laminated strip on the edges, (repaired when back at factory for window reseal)

So (No: 4) 1 out of 7 would be down to poor manufacturing control at Coachman. All the others, as already mentioned, are down to suppliers to the caravan industry which other manufacturers use, so I do not see you being free from these sort of faults on another van.

We persisted with our faults and are so pleased we did, as we have not found another new van that provides the same features we have at present. :)

Good luck for the future, and hope you are happier with your new van what ever make that may be. ;)

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

As Steve Drew said the majority of the defects were not of Coachmans doing and are manufacturers used by all the caravan brands.

That is not to belittle your issues BTW which I know can be very frustrating. I waited nearly 6 months for a replacement Hartal door lock assembly under warranty - just an observation.

Sorry, disagree.

It is Coachmans fault, the same as it is Elddis, Swift and Baileys fault. They all fit these components, so it's their responsibility to make sure that these components are up to the task.

As with everything today though, the manufacturers want these components cheaper so quality suffers, yet we end up paying more for these vans even though they are fitted with inferior items.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have to say this thread has softened the excitement of out new Coachman turning up soon :unsure: Oh well.

Take no notice - our van will be 2 years old in Feb and apart from one or two things sorted by the dealer, no major problems. Just look forward to enjoying your new van.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Well I have to say this thread has softened the excitement of out new Coachman turning up soon :unsure: Oh well.

Don't worry, I've just taken delivery of mine and it's a great feeling :)

We have had Five Coachman vans, everyone has given us problems, new front ends, new rear ends, windows falling off, door handles knackered, cutlery drawer sticking and not able to open, it goes on and on, why do I stick with Coachman I hear you ask, its because their customer service is second to none, I have tried other makes but their back up was terrible, 16 weeks for a simple part, Coachman do it in far less time.

Les

Coachmanfan, you will not be disappointed, but make sure everything works before towing it away from the dealer

Les

Les

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.