2015 Elddis Caravans

This is quite interesting, the new updated Affinity does look quite smart!!

http://www. elddis. co. uk/elddis/avante/Video/24

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Buccaneer 8 ft wide is a first . Self levelling .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

They look very nice.

Didn't you have an Elddis new in 2013, Seaman? I seem to remember you ordering one when I did but I wasn't in a position to change at that time. ...I see you have a coachman now. ..I've obviously missed something! :)

Edited by sprite

Volvo XC70 followed by a 2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona

Seems they have switched to Alko chassis, shame as I prefer the BPW swing axle.

Can`t see me buying one soon anyway. .................

• Like 1

Seems they have switched to Alko chassis, shame as I prefer the BPW swing axle.

Can`t see me buying one soon anyway. .................

is there a noticeable difference in function?

They look very nice.

Didn't you have an Elddis new in 2013, Seaman? I seem to remember you ordering one when I did but I wasn't in a position to change at that time. ...I see you have a coachman now. ..I've obviously missed something! :)

Hi sprite,

You are correct, we have passed on our Avante and now have a Coachman Vision. There were a number of reasons, which are well documented on this forum. I will not state what they are as I have no desire to see this thread get locked. ;)

Lets just say we are more than happy with the build quality of our new tourer.

David

• Like 1

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

I've just back pedalled through the Elddis section and saw some of the issues you were having. ....I gather it's not put you off Elddis altogether. ....i'm starting to think it was a blessing in disguise my not being able to proceed with my order for the 2013 Avante. ....I'm more than happy with my new Bailey but I do like the idea of the Solid construction method.

• Like 1

Tempest eb doesn't look any different thankfully! Ours will look new for another year!!

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

This is quite interesting, the new updated Affinity does look quite smart!!

http://www. elddis. co. uk/elddis/avante/Video/24

I agree, the Affinity does look smart.

One of the options is a bike rack for 2 bikes. Must be something substantial behind the rear panel to bolt this on to.

Elddis Buccaneer Cruiser looks excellent, 8ft wide alde heated floor self levelling phantom tracker looked great on caravanfinder last night :D

Is there a Compass range for 2015?

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

Buccaneer 8 ft wide is a first . Self levelling .

Dave

Does anyone know if it's truly self levelling or merely automatically lowers the steadies?

Self levelling fully automatic .

Ideal for putting wheel locks on Twin Axles as it can easily lift the wheels to put the locks on then level itself ?

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

is there a noticeable difference in function?

They use Vtec Axle which are not effected by roll when the caravan corners as it keep the tyre flat to the road .

https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=4TebrUslHe0#t=154

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

I've just back pedalled through the Elddis section and saw some of the issues you were having. ....I gather it's not put you off Elddis altogether. ....i'm starting to think it was a blessing in disguise my not being able to proceed with my order for the 2013 Avante. ....I'm more than happy with my new Bailey but I do like the idea of the Solid construction method.

Quite agree.

Reading in this forum put me off buying a Elddis in fear i could be buying a lemon. Especially when the Elddis bashing has come from Elddis owners concerning quality and below par customer service. Pity really as they look nice vans

No faults with my 2014 tempest eb yet - so far so good. It couldn't bd any worse than my last (sponge) coachman

• Like 1

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

My tempest is going back to the dealer with a further 11 faults including the front windows basically falling off the caravan whilst on hols in France

Had my caravan three months, battery charger went bang, microwave which we only used twice went bang, fault in gel coat, amongst other things, happy days.

Ian

I've had more than my fair share of problems, including replacement of cracked rear panel, but Elddis Customer Services have been very helpful throughout.

We have done 8 pre purchase reports on 2013-14 Elddis Caravans and have found on those 7 occasions the quality of finish, build and looks to be much improved over previous, Lunar also making some very good gains in build quality over the past 3 years.

Simon

Edited by Bridgetown Caravans

We love our Buccaneer but will unfortunately be looking else where next year when it comes time to change it. The 8 foot wide body is just not for me.

It also looks like the Clipper has been dropped from the range which seems a strange decision as it is the model I have seen the most of on sites.

Buccaneer Clipper and Mitsubishi Shogun SG3

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the 2015 Storm it's a £1000 dearer than the 2014 and although they have changed the chassis they have kept the same furnishings, etc so although I agree with Caravanner1 as an existing owner it's a bit of an anti climax if anyone was looking for the next big thing :unsure:

Having said that maybe they are concentrating on building the existing model properly before they start doing something new :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have owned two Elddis caravans a Xplore302 and my current van Xplore504 and thus for (fingers cross) I have been happy with both, I have neighbours and a work colleague who both own differant make vans which are only 2years old and they are both in having their entire fronts replaced due to 40% damp problems detected during a service! it goes to show like any manufactured product you can always be unlucky and buy a problem van despite any companies high reputation.

Edited by Mr Shankley

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.