Shakedown Complete

milkymarsh

Couldn't manage a weekend away before the trip to France, so had to make do with the first 'trip' being sat on the drive. Good news was that all was fine.

Checked out:

Gas operation - incl hob, oven, fridge, BBQ

Electrics - incl heater, lights, plugs, fridge

Water - pump, hot water system, all plumbing sound, water via aquasource (under mains for a few hours and all fine). Shower works beautifully, toilet rinsed through

Mover - seems to be working better than on the old van

Awning rail - Just checking this currently

Windows - all open and shut without falling out

Blinds - all work fine

Also managed today:

Fitted jack points to the chassis

Loaded van for France (new van has caused a fair bit of weight reduction or transfer to the car)

Stereo - pioneer unit sounds much better than the old jvc units

By loading we should be at circa 1490kg against a limit of 1496kg.

Anything I've missed?

• Like 1

Fondue set, cuddly toy. ...........

Enjoy your trip :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

sounds great. ...we are off to a CL next Sunday for 3 nights to give ours her 'maiden voyage'...I'm so looking forward to it! :)

Edited by sprite
  • Like 2

Volvo XC70 followed by a 2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona

Best place for a Shakedown, if you have forgot anything just pop indoors, but did you sleep overnight in it ? I hope you have better luck than us with the Pioneer Radio, depite following the instructions we cannot disarm the demo or switch it off completely, so we have to set the unit to "Audio" to shut the ****** thing up from "Tuner" also the front keeps falling off in transit, but have a great time when you get away.

Les bleeding = thing up

Edited by Les Medes

Les

Test the heating on gas and electric not important now but will be needed later in year.

• Like 2

David

Nissan X-Trail Adventura KIA Sorento & Elddis Affinity 554

Make sure there is no excess sealant in the awning rail specially by the Joint at the front.

Done that. Just one small bit that needed removing on the rear edge

Test the heating on gas and electric not important now but will be needed later in year.

That's a job for when we get back. Must admit the whale unit may well be noisy, but it heats up really quick. Just need to bear in mind it takes a few mins for the fans to cut off when it reaches temp. I thought it had an issue yesterday, but assume its to do with cooli the unit sufficiently so it doesn't overheat.

Only thing for me to do now is to learn how to wind down the spare wheel (any tips gratefully received)

it takes a few mins for the fans to cut off when it reaches temp. I thought it had an issue yesterday, but assume its to do with cooli the unit sufficiently so it doesn't overheat.

That's exactly it - it was explained to us on our handover that it will run for a few minutes after use to expel heat more efficiently.

• Like 1

Volvo XC70 followed by a 2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona

That's exactly it - it was explained to us on our handover that it will run for a few minutes after use to expel heat more efficiently.

Phew. Didn't get told that. ...

You may also notice one of the blown air outlets has no shut off plate in it, thats to avoid the unit overheating and burning out the same as the running on for a bit. Enjoy.

• Like 1

2016 Lunar Quasar 554, tugged by Honda CR-V.

You may also notice one of the blown air outlets has no shut off plate in it, thats to avoid the unit overheating and burning out the same as the running on for a bit. Enjoy.

Got told that bit. Just tried out the spare wheel and winding it down. That is such an improvement over the old tray affair. Just need to have someone to push the wheel back a bit inside the chassis if not on a completely level surface

• Like 1

Hi milkymarsh, if my memory serves me well your off to La Yole soon, on the countdown myself, get round the pool, in the bar and finish with some moules and frites, heaven.

• Like 1

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe towing 2010 Sterling Eccles Coral

Voted Best MPV by Prince Charles

Voted Best Practical Caravan by Old Mother Hubbard :-)

Hi milkymarsh, if my memory serves me well your off to La Yole soon, on the countdown myself, get round the pool, in the bar and finish with some moules and frites, heaven.

Not long now Wayne. When are you off?

John

Down to near Portsmouth week on Thursday, afternoon ferry to Caen on Friday and arrive early sat morning.

I believe the French break up that weekend so should be fun.

Wayne

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe towing 2010 Sterling Eccles Coral

Voted Best MPV by Prince Charles

Voted Best Practical Caravan by Old Mother Hubbard :-)

Down to near Portsmouth week on Thursday, afternoon ferry to Caen on Friday and arrive early sat morning.

I believe the French break up that weekend so should be fun.

Wayne

We're running a day behind, but get the vernight ferry to st Malo, which arrives sat am, so should be there mid sat pm. So if you see a shiny Peggy and filthy grey merc, then that's us!

John glad the shakedown has gone well - we are all set now - will be a day or so behind you - o/n ferry on sunday - you can reminisce when you see my Olly going by lol

Richard

John glad the shakedown has gone well - we are all set now - will be a day or so behind you - o/n ferry on sunday - you can reminisce when you see my Olly going by lol

Richard

Lol

I will miss those days! Taken out that second mortgage for euro Disney yet???!!!

hehe thats why I sent the wife back out to work - kids really excited - wife even booked a character lunch for for us all so the kids can have lunch with the disney princes and princessesssss - u dont want to know how much that is going to cost - I am not even asking lol watching the weather all I see is thunder storms over Paris at the mo - hope the weather improves. Shame u not got chance to stop in St Malo - lovely town, great beach and some lovely restaurants.

• Like 1

hehe thats why I sent the wife back out to work - kids really excited - wife even booked a character lunch for for us all so the kids can have lunch with the disney princes and princessesssss - u dont want to know how much that is going to cost - I am not even asking lol watching the weather all I see is thunder storms over Paris at the mo - hope the weather improves. Shame u not got chance to stop in St Malo - lovely town, great beach and some lovely restaurants.

Been to st Malo and mont st Michel previously. Planned for the next trip.

Little tip ref the princesses and princes. Friends went to it last half term and their recommendation is to buy the outfits here in the uk first before you go, as they are half the price of what they cost in Disney. Think in the uk they are circa 20-30 quid. At eurodisney, they are up to 60quid!!

yep emma has just had her 5th bday and funny old thing got an outfit as a pressy.

planned for next trip. ........ so does that mean touring abroad will become a regular thing now . ........... it has for us cos we love the difference in lifestyle and pace of life etc makes the 2 week break even more enjoyable.

• Like 1

. ........ so does that mean touring abroad will become a regular thing now . ........... it has for us cos we love the difference in lifestyle and pace of life etc makes the 2 week break even more enjoyable.

I'd like to hope so! Fingers crossed everyone will get the bug

Really happy now. CRiS document arrived this morning (along with credit card with details on as well)

• Like 1

Dont forget the fridge full of beer. For some reason I get a raging beer thirst when im at La Yole!