Over 1000 posts

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, Cooking, Land Rovers
  • Towcar:2013 Freelander2
  • Caravan:2014 Bailey Pursuit 430/4

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:20 pm

The fixed bed. The shower and bathroom area. Excellent Fridge. The oven actually reaches the stated temperatures. The general finish inside of the caravan is very good and it is very comfortable.
We like the carpets, as they are in three pieces and come out easily for cleaning.

Click here to view the caravan review

#2 Jo & Si

Jo & Si

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning / Sports Cars / exploring
  • Towcar:Volvo V50
  • Caravan:430 4 Pursuit

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:33 pm

We bought the bailey 430 4 pursuit after seeing it at the NEC. I would like to say what a fantastic van it is and we love it. Its great to tow due to being lightweight.

Every site we go to people always stop to look at it. For two of us its ideal and very comfortable and the fixtures and fittings are of a fairly good standard the end bathroom is very spacious the bed is comfortable.

The kitchen area is good yes the oven is only small but it does for us we got the model with the premium pack so we got the microwave the sunroof and the stereo plus the ATC.

The seating area is comfortable and when we have had guests visit it does not seem crowded with 4 people sat at the front of the van the only thing I would say is if guests did stay over it does not have a privacy curtain don't know why when the van will sleep 4???

a lot of people slag off the cushion colour yes me and my misses were not keen so we got some throws it was a simple solution   

#3 Deanne

Deanne

Over 50 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:09 am

We have the 430/4 bought new last year and my OH has put in a concertina folding door bought from argos £24, no nailed the track to ceiling and looks really good and does the job, I believe there are others who have put up curtain but we wanted the folding door.

http://www.argos.co....pProductReviews. This is the door, we put up.
  • dgmm5 likes this

#4 Jo & Si

Jo & Si

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning / Sports Cars / exploring
  • Towcar:Volvo V50
  • Caravan:430 4 Pursuit

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:38 pm

Thanks for the advice its a good idea will look into that.

• Deanne likes this

#5 PR1

PR1

Over 1000 posts

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:28 pm

Well after reaching 150 nights away in our Pursuit, 430/4 I thought I would update! We totally love the caravan. Very comfortable, and tows really well. Ours is the platinum edition from Chipping Sodbury Caravans. Problems, just a couple. The tap in the Bathroom had to be replaced, as it split. The charger failed last weekend, but I rang the dealer, and was told how to replace it, so picked up a new one and fitted it (paid for it by the dealer) Front blind failed, but that was soon fixed by Chipping Sodbury Caravans. We only live a few yards from them so taking the caravan in is no problem. None of these problems can be attributed to Bailey Caravans, as they were outsourced products. Looking at putting a curtain between the bedroom and the front of the caravan! Only because I rise daily at about 5.00 and Lizzie waits until 9.00am. Overall score so far is 10/10
  • D&E likes this

#6 gym334whq

gym334whq

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:37 am

Well after reaching 150 nights away in our Pursuit, 430/4 I thought I would update! We totally love the caravan. Very comfortable, and tows really well. Ours is the platinum edition from Chipping Sodbury Caravans. Problems, just a couple. The tap in the Bathroom had to be replaced, as it split. The charger failed last weekend, but I rang the dealer, and was told how to replace it, so picked up a new one and fitted it (paid for it by the dealer) Front blind failed, but that was soon fixed by Chipping Sodbury Caravans. We only live a few yards from them so taking the caravan in is no problem. None of these problems can be attributed to Bailey Caravans, as they were outsourced products. Looking at putting a curtain between the bedroom and the front of the caravan! Only because I rise daily at about 5.00 and Lizzie waits until 9.00am. Overall score so far is 10/10

Hi,

We purchased a Pursuit 430/4 last April and used it for five weeks during the summer. We had several minor faults, one of which was the bathroom tap continually dripping. When this was replaced, it was discovered that the entire floor of the caravan had been saturated in water. This was from the shower, which was only used twice. I have written to Bailey's on three occasions and thier response has been a polite letter, not accepting responsibilty for poor workmanship and quality standards, which indicated to myself that they were not concernd. The shower unit has been resealed twice, since then and when the van was serviced in April this year, additional faults were found (a) Gas leak in the area of the hob (B) fridge would not start on gas © the ceiling in the area around the sunroof has started to delmainate from the frame. Our service agent has reported this to Bailey, and guess what?--no reply. I'm now considering takeing legal action and if anyone out there has been through this process I would appreciate any advice give. Whilst I appreciate that this is an entry level van, I still expect to have a unit fit for purpose. Those older caravan'ers will remember the poor quality of British bulid cars up to 60s/70s, those car companies did on concern themselves with quality, reliability etc becuase there was little competition. Then the Japanese landed with their quality and reliable cars and their customer focus. Now there are no British car firms. Why can't the Japanes make caravans!

• udloko likes this

#7 sunshinetours

sunshinetours

Always learning....

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts
  • Towcar:A very racy Swede
  • Caravan:Coachman

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:17 pm

Hi,

We purchased a Pursuit 430/4 last April and used it for five weeks during the summer. We had several minor faults, one of which was the bathroom tap continually dripping. When this was replaced, it was discovered that the entire floor of the caravan had been saturated in water. This was from the shower, which was only used twice. I have written to Bailey's on three occasions and thier response has been a polite letter, not accepting responsibilty for poor workmanship and quality standards, which indicated to myself that they were not concernd. The shower unit has been resealed twice, since then and when the van was serviced in April this year, additional faults were found (a) Gas leak in the area of the hob ( B) fridge would not start on gas © the ceiling in the area around the sunroof has started to delmainate from the frame. Our service agent has reported this to Bailey, and guess what?--no reply. I'm now considering takeing legal action and if anyone out there has been through this process I would appreciate any advice give. Whilst I appreciate that this is an entry level van, I still expect to have a unit fit for purpose. Those older caravan'ers will remember the poor quality of British bulid cars up to 60s/70s, those car companies did on concern themselves with quality, reliability etc becuase there was little competition. Then the Japanese landed with their quality and reliable cars and their customer focus. Now there are no British car firms. Why can't the Japanes make caravans!

You need to go via your dealer as that is with whom your contract is with. Be form but polite and insist they take action to sort this

#8 PR1

PR1

Over 1000 posts

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:48 pm

Hi,
We purchased a Pursuit 430/4 last April and used it for five weeks during the summer. We had several minor faults, one of which was the bathroom tap continually dripping. When this was replaced, it was discovered that the entire floor of the caravan had been saturated in water. This was from the shower, which was only used twice. I have written to Bailey's on three occasions and thier response has been a polite letter, not accepting responsibilty for poor workmanship and quality standards, which indicated to myself that they were not concernd. The shower unit has been resealed twice, since then and when the van was serviced in April this year, additional faults were found (a) Gas leak in the area of the hob (B) fridge would not start on gas © the ceiling in the area around the sunroof has started to delmainate from the frame. Our service agent has reported this to Bailey, and guess what?--no reply. I'm now considering takeing legal action and if anyone out there has been through this process I would appreciate any advice give. Whilst I appreciate that this is an entry level van, I still expect to have a unit fit for purpose. Those older caravan'ers will remember the poor quality of British bulid cars up to 60s/70s, those car companies did on concern themselves with quality, reliability etc becuase there was little competition. Then the Japanese landed with their quality and reliable cars and their customer focus. Now there are no British car firms. Why can't the Japanes make caravans!

Well ours was serviced recently! I complained about the rear under bed locker door appearing to leak! That was resealed and a damp check done, which revealed damp in the floor along the near side, and some in the bathroom. So everything checked again to make sure it was all sealed properly! Booked in for the early autumn for it all to be checked again, with, if need be, the shower tray being removed and resealed as needed!
The dealer is being really helpful over this. Not getting Bailey involved, as it is the dealers problem as I bought it from them!

#9 griff60

griff60

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Driving, DIY, Reading.
  • Towcar:Ford Mondeo Titanium
  • Caravan:Bailey Pursuit 550-4

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:44 pm

I bought a Bailey Pursuit 550-4 eleven months ago,when it was in for the first service it was pointed out that there was a small crack to the front area of the van. No impactmarks at all.So the service company conversed with Baileysand a repair was authorized. A spring had broken in our front blind so a new blind was required,the battery
charger was faulty and replaced. the wardrobe door was warped and had to be changed. On our last visit to Devon we encountered problems with our Trauma heating system
and also water on the floor of the end washroom. When we informed the dealer we bought the caravan from he requested we take it back to the service centre. They
discovered the Motherboard in the Trauma Heater was faulty and had to be replaced. The lack of sealant fitted to the toilet cassette frame to the shell was totally inadequate
and refitted,an area of the floor had to be remove and a
new section fitted.
All this work was done under warranty so did not cost me a penny other than to postpone three trips I had planned to take.
Has anyone else had similar problems with their Pursuit.
I know it's a 550-4 but is not on the site list

#10 ineedalabotomy

ineedalabotomy

Over 10 posts

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Towcar:Santa Fe
  • Caravan:Swift Challenger

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:09 pm

Wow.. ...Was thinking of buying this model ! seems the pursuit has a few problems. These manufactures seem to bring out new & untested vans, and then expect their customers to find these faults & leave them to clear up the mess.. . I believe Baileys cust service is appalling ? Will have to have a good look first. Hope you get your van issues resolved & enjoy it.

Best Regards

Steve M

#11 thebriars

thebriars

Over 500 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Towcar:Mitsubishi ASX4
  • Caravan:Friday Afternoon Bailey Pursuit 430/4

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:16 pm

Our 430/4 is just 2 years old and I am dreading the next service. Even before its first service water poured through the roof over the bed. Very poor design to put a join across the roof with just a thin strip of plastic to make it watertight. It also had major repairs to the front as the inside skin of the front/roof round the bend is not laminated (no Bailey Alu-tecs are), and it buckled badly. More evidence of poor design. Now it has been bonded in place as it should have been in the first place.

Otherwise not a bad van, but seeing this is the second Bailey that has leaked in the first year I no longer trust it. Yes it has quite a few good points, but the constant worry about it leaking again has spoiled the van for us, and after a lifetime of camping and caravanning it is probably time to give up altogether. Thank you Bailey. :angry:

#12 marbles007

marbles007

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 9 posts
  • Towcar:Evoque
  • Caravan:looking for caravan

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:28 pm

Got a new 430-4 on order just thinking about ordering a awning any recommendations.air or pole ? porch or full.

#13 D&E

D&E

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 4 posts
  • Towcar:Dacia Duster 1.5dti
  • Caravan:Abbey County Lincoln

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:56 am

Looking at buying a Bailey Pursuit 430-4. Interesting reading on here. It would be our second caravan, we only started last year. 10k seems to get you a 3yr old model.

#14 goldfinch72

goldfinch72

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 5 posts
  • Towcar:Land Rover
  • Caravan:Bailey

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:57 pm

Bought a new 430/4 in 2014. Worked ok for us for a couple of years but problems showed up at the time of its annual service in early 2016, namely a large damp area in floor ( reading 93% extending from offside near toilet /bathroom door towards the "wet tray" under the bed) and failure of toilet pump flush. Reported these faults to dealer for repair under warranty which was a nightmare process. After these complaints had been dealt with, the inner roof lining then buckled as in "the briars" post above so it was back to the dealers again- all in all 8 return round trips of 35 miles each during 2016 and a lot of precious summertime caravanning time lost while the van was in for repair. I am now arranging to replace with a new van by a different maker as I have completely lost faith in it! Bye bye Bailey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users