Delta Ti 2014 Windows Undo When Towing

Houndman

I have a brand new Delta TI when towing the three front window catches undo.

These are the new modified windows has anybody else experienced this problem?

They aren't fitted/adjusted properly - time to revisit your dealer !

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

We have a 2013 Delta RS and the catches on the middle front window become loose. They seem tight when secured, but I think it must be vibration that loosens them. think it is a design fault rather than a problem relating to their fitting at the factory. Not all catches come loose.

These have been adjusted by dealer and still all three front window catches undoing

This happens after about 40 miles of towing

Are your caravan wheels balanced? Although we have an older 2011 Delta we had similar issues with doors opening. Once the wheels were balanced we had no more issues. Just a suggestion which cannot do any harm either way.

Ours was a 2013 and yours is a 2014 but if IRRC, the part of the window catch that fits to the window frame can be reversed to give a tighter fitting when the handle goes over it. If yours are already on the "tighter" setting, then I'm stumped.

When our windows were changed to the modified type in late 2013, only thye actual Perspex parets were changed, all the window stays and catches were the originals. Not sure if they changed the handle design for 2014 though.

Edited by Pebble

2019 Adria Adora Thames

You can adjust them your self, only takes 5 mins. Done mine myself, saves the hassle of taking it back to the dealer.

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

I have a 2014 Clubman and 2 of the window catches on the front undo themselves whilst travelling. Balancing the wheels helped a bit (one wheel needed 105gms which is a lot) but the handles do still undo - just not as quickly as before the wheel balance. I have now readjusted them but have not been out with the caravan since doing this. We also find the glass lid on the pan storage area under the cooker opens when travelling. I have cured this by adding some self adhesive fibre pads to the door to put a bit more tension on the lock.

VW Touareg R Line 3. 0 towing a 2021 Coachman Laser Excel 575   2023 Coachman Lusso 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Houndman, We have a Clubman SB 2013 and all front window levers worked loose. Went back to the dealers with the problem and they moved the catches back, this did not help and they still worked loose. Complained again to the dealer and Lunar despatched an engineer to change all levers for more stiffer operating ones. This has definitely helped. I cannot understand why they cannot fit levers with push button locking catches, they did on previous vans but the windows were a different make.

• Like 1

Discovery 4 & Lunar Clubman SB.         Sailing close to the wind

it would suggest to me that for this to happen the window doesn't seem to shutting tight enough to the window rubber on the van allowing movement and the window catches opening up, possible incorrect sized rubber could a be a possibility

update catches adjusted and very tight to close. Took the van out last weekend towed it for about 80 miles and when we arrived at the site the front nearside window was complity undone and you could just lift it open from outside.

As a temporary fix i have had to make up some plastic tube and string to hold the handles in the closed position for the return journey (a trip to B&Q for bits and pieces). Not what you would expect from a brand new van.

Now awaiting a responce from Lunar via the dealer.

Will keep you posted

• 2 weeks later...

Bigger front windows do look nice but the warping issue and now catches coming undone has put me off changing, dread to think the mess in heavy rain when towing!!!!! :o

Present outfit: 2015 Compass Rallye 644, Reich AWD Mover and Range Rover Vogue TDV8

Just home from Grantham with a new Delta Ti, I had the window catches adjusted by Grantham Caravans prior to leaving [ never heard of this problem before sir !!! ] a few miles down the road the front window catches were undone, closed them, and so on until i reached home.

No amount of adjusting will cure the problem, the catches are just about the cheapest available as are the catches on the cupboards, Catches with a locking mechanism is required, they use them on their roof lights so why not on the windows, The delta is their Top of the range model so why use inferior fittings??

Hello Houndman, We have a Clubman SB 2013 and all front window levers worked loose. Went back to the dealers with the problem and they moved the catches back, this did not help and they still worked loose. Complained again to the dealer and Lunar despatched an engineer to change all levers for more stiffer operating ones. This has definitely helped. I cannot understand why they cannot fit levers with push button locking catches, they did on previous vans but the windows were a different make.

Hi Sea Dog

HMS Boxer?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ronnie H, have you had any more success with the window levers?

We have just had a month away & all is well, it seems that a stiffer acting lever is required.

But you are absolutely right all levers need to be of the locking type, but where Lunar changed there window manufacturer for a more streamlined window they inherited poor lever & catches.

HMS Osprey was the last

Discovery 4 & Lunar Clubman SB.         Sailing close to the wind

• 8 months later...

I have a brand new Delta TI when towing the three front window catches undo.

These are the new modified windows has anybody else experienced this problem?

Lunar have agreed to replace the front windows on our Saros to overcome this problem,the only problem is that they don't receive them until May and we go to France at the end of May.

Fingers crossed,

John.

I've just been searching for some kind of window lock to keep our 18 month old in the van during the night as he's developed a fasination with opening the latches, anyway I came across these http://lock-m-out. co. uk/ maybe they could be a solution to your problem.

I've just been searching for some kind of window lock to keep our 18 month old in the van during the night as he's developed a fasination with opening the latches, anyway I came across these http://lock-m-out. co. uk/ maybe they could be a solution to your problem.

Looks a good idea but when we paid ££££s you want it right,

John

We had this problem in our 2014 Quasar. Our dealer had the catches changed for "push button" ones under the warranty.

According to both Lunar and our dealer the catches on the Saros cannot be changed,so new windows.

John

We also so use the www. lock-m-out. com window locks. Quick to fit and quick to remove when on site (5 seconds) and they work a treat plus the added benefit they prevent windows being levered open with a tool.

In a previous post I stated the Lexon had locking catches so no problem, BUT the front windows don't have lockable catches and yes today one of the middle window catches was undone after a 20 mile trip for the w/e.

Another thing for the dealer

Kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

Our Clubman SI, 2015 model, has locking catches fitted as standard to the front windows. We haven't had any problems and we have towed over 1,000 miles.

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.