Tweaks & Mods Eterniti Vans

Desallen

post-32697-0-06568200-1389264560_thumb.jpgpost-32697-0-36564400-1389264560_thumb.jpg

Gee

Fortunately my slide out was in so a couple of quick pictures front and rear to show the in position.

It protrudes by about an inch and you can see the seals in the compressed position.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2022 Buccaneer Cruiser registered in 2023.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ian

i just wanted confirmation the slide out was correct because there will be some resisitance on the seals whilst towing.

How much did it csot to get the back end repaired?

Ian,that pic looks just like the corner of my van :-)

I aint getting on no plane. ....FOOL !!!

Eterniti Genisis IB4 behind a VW Amarok

Another mod carried out yesterday, a new drain hole in the sat dish at the lowest point.

Gee

pm sent.

Dom

Some white tank tape has done a good job keeping it together and does not look too bad until it is replaced.

Ian

Edited by IanV8

I stuck my little misshap back together with epoxy and it did not look too bad :D

I am waiting for the caravan to be returned so i can see what has been repaired,have my fingers crossed that everything will be fixed ;)

Dom

Are you picking it up or are they delivering it and let the forum know how you go on.

GEE

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pictures Rob, it may well be helpful.

We shall probably have a trial run and see if it bothers us. ..or rather me, Rog appears to be a little hard of hearing at times. .....

Jill

Hi, we've also gone for the chest of drawers. They had one at the showroom that wasn't actually fitted. It's virtually the same as the chest of drawers in our Elddis, with the fold out tabletop. We are still having the seating cushions with ours.

Thanks for the pictures Rob, it may well be helpful.

We shall probably have a trial run and see if it bothers us. ..or rather me, Rog appears to be a little hard of hearing at times. .....

Jill

Hi, we've also gone for the chest of drawers. They had one at the showroom that wasn't actually fitted. It's virtually the same as the chest of drawers in our Elddis, with the fold out tabletop. We are still having the seating cushions with ours.

Hi Jillp,

Sorry to be so late in my reply, only just seen this toipic.

With regard to your question on Nemisses Ultra wheel locks, yes they do fit, I have two on my IB4. The only comment that I would make is that because the wheel spokes are quite thick it is not always possible to fit the wheel lock so that the plate covers all the wheel nuts. This is because the pin going through the wheel rim will foul the chassis and on occasions the brake drum to but they do fit.

Hi all Des is my name I thought this new thread would help all those involved in buying or present owners of Eterniti Caravans to exchange ideas which they can make our vans better for our individual needs. I own & use a IB4 2013 model purchased in February this year. My better half & me think the van is a great design & generously laid out. But even so we still found things to have done to personalise it to our liking. so here goes had done so far. 1 Status plus directional Ariel fitted inside the washroom just above the radiator this allows us to view TV while locating transmitter for peaking gain of areil. 2 Cupboard put in between front bench seats for magazines extra. 3 Cupboard put underneath the freezer for a shoes. 4 Black splash back put behind hand wash basin. 5 Sky box fitted inside osf cupboard just in front of slide out. We thought this was a good idea because already fitted in that cupboard is the auto/sat system. the reason we did not have sky box in the large cupboard behind the TV was because we wanted to use this cupboard for our under clothes extra with the main wardrobe just bellow. 6 New 2014 rear end fitted this was done because my drive raises up very sharply also had my drive re designed so the slope is more gradual this is my bit for this new thread be interested to hear what others have had done please excuse my typing & spelling I have explained the reason for this in previous posts thanks & look forward to some more posts Des

Hi Des,

I too have a 2013 IB4, I have not done much but two things that I have done is to fit a towl rail to the underside of the shelf above the toilet. I took the shelf off and drilled in from the underside of the shelf right at the front so that my longer screws would go into the lip mounted on the top side of the shelf. The other thing that I have done is to fit two coat hooke on the wall between the bathroom door and the exterior wall. Dennis at Eterniti mentioned that if you tap carefully down the wall from the roof there is a solid piece of wooden frame behind the facing panel that you can screw into.

Re the waste bin, I am afraid that we just bought a small peddle bin.

• 1 month later...

Has any one bought the keyless fobs from RV Locks on the caravan exterior doors that come from the US and if so what do you think of them? I have just emailed Paul Curren the Aftersales Manager and he tells me that Eterniti don't order the door locks with the keyless fobs.

I am thinking of ordering two, one for each set of keys but they are not cheap at $39. 99 each and that is before post and packing to the UK.

Would be greatful for any info.

Has any one bought the keyless fobs from RV Locks on the caravan exterior doors that come from the US and if so what do you think of them? I have just emailed Paul Curren the Aftersales Manager and he tells me that Eterniti don't order the door locks with the keyless fobs.

I am thinking of ordering two, one for each set of keys but they are not cheap at $39. 99 each and that is before post and packing to the UK.

Would be greatful for any info.

There was some posts on here from someone who had bought them, try searching the Eterniti forum. See below.

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/83059-eterniti-owners/?hl=%2Bremote+%2Bfob

I don't see the point in carrying a fob around when you can just use the keypad, we love not having to carry the keys around.

Ian

Edited by IanV8

Ian

I contacted the supplier in America but decided to wait before purchasing. If the key pad malfunctions and you do not have the key is there anyway you can get into the van?

Graham

Collected the van last friday and had a long chat with Paul-nice fella,they have done all the jobs,serviced it and repaired the damaged rear corner,pity i caught the rear corner again on the drive DOH!! Drive will be sorted soon so this should not happen again :) I see the "Experts/ merchants of dooooom" have poped up again ;) never mind i still love the van :lol:

Ian

I contacted the supplier in America but decided to wait before purchasing. If the key pad malfunctions and you do not have the key is there anyway you can get into the van?

Graham

Graham

I contacted Paul at Eterniti this morning, he was very helpful, there is a company in this country that are agents for RV Locks if anyone wants to get a key fob for their van. Their trading name is Star Spangled Banner (well it would be wouldn't it), their address is Plots Farm, Spalford Road, North Scarle, LN 6 9HF. Telephone number 01522 778944, the man to speak to is called Duncan. The key fob can be ordered from the States, they don't keep them, it can take up to three weeks to get and the cost is £41. 79 each and the part number is 318097.

If anyone orders one and wants to know how to programme it in if you Google "RVLocks. com" and under their site is a U Tube video all about fitting and programming the door locks including the key fob. It's very informative.

Patrick

Good info that Patrick well sourced. :)

Graham

Ian

Graham

Graham

You can use the other door.

The advice is to make sure you leave a set of keys in the car, not much good if you have the car keys in the van.

Ian

I ordered a remote in January from RV in the states and am still waiting :-/

I also ordered one from the States in January and haven't received mine, as yet. I chased them about this and they said that I should have received an email regarding additional delivery charges for shipping to the UK. I stated that I hadn't and they finally agreed to ship the part at their cost due to the delay. I've been tracking the delivery via UPS and it arrived in the UK yesterday at 19:00.

Thats interesting, will get in touch with them again although they said they had sent another to replace the missing first one

Hi there I have got a ib4 2014 just had my first weekend in the van .

After many problems with the first van eterniti have built me a new van .

Also had a few mods done to the van

1 window in rear door

2 all lights are touch lights

3 cubard made under fridge freezer

4 proper outside electric come tv point

5 fan fitted in shower room sky light

6 light switch in shower room

7 chest of draws front of seating area

8 moved gas botle holder so I can fit my 13kg bottle in locker box

9 5mtr strip light on side of van to light up the awning plus I can change the colour with the remote

10 2nd 110 amp battery fitted

veolia478

Have you missed anything out ???? :D

Graham

Hi Veolia478

Good to hear you have your new van. Sounds like you are pleased with it.

Eterniti are not going to be happy with you or me. ..... Really liking the idea of the fan in the shower and the strip light for the awning. ....I can see a phone call coming up. They are going to ban me from these sites. ...lol

Are you going to be able to get down to the gathering at Bo Peep?

Jill

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.