Is Anyone Else A Womble

KontikiKid

Just back from a nice weekend away. First couple of days were damp and foggy and as we'd been out in the woods I didn't want our muddy boots to ruin our newly Wombled carpet in the caravan.

I'd forgotten to take a bigger bit rubber matting I have so was trying to think as we left them on the mat by the door.

Then a brainwave. I remembered at the end of last season i'd dumped my old porch awning in here;

So decided to go armed with a pair of scissors and cut out one of the plastic windows and use that as a mat so I don't need to hide the carpet under black matting and here's the result;

Hey mechs . ... it wasn't that exciting . ... that you had to post it twice . ....

:lol::lol::lol:

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Hey mechs . ... it wasn't that exciting . ... that you had to post it twice . ....

:lol::lol::lol:

Cheers

Pete

But I was so happy with my brainwave I never noticed! :lol::lol:

Compass Shadow 1988

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine was on holiday in went to a car boot sale and picket up a coat and bought it for 50p. After the holiday she took it home and was going to wash it before she wore it. The turned it inside out before washing it and found an inside pocket she had not seen. Upon opening the zip she found £400 in cash.

No she did not go back as it was 400 miles away from where she bought it.

2011 Nissan Navara Tekna Auto 2. 5 with a 2011 Elddis Super Sirocco behind it

I'd forgot about my Wombling etc.

In Charmes in France, I put my table at the back of the motorhome with a load of items on the top "a vendre" - I sold 30 euro worth of stuff - all from skips and so on.

I've not found anything in Italy yet but will keep looking. End of season is best on sites that have seasonal pitches - you can get everything from a bucket to a caravan!!!!

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Had a minging Womble attack a couple of weeks ago.

Walking around the storage area again and towards the woods there's the remains of an old building that's now a nature pond thing just the way it's went over time. I was with a friend and I seen these green chairs and shouted "they're mine!!"

They genuinley were from a few years ago, just 4 plastic chairs I used to keep at the back of the caravan but over time when we got moved to a different part of the site about 3 years ago I never knew where they'd ended up.

Well they were in this pond. I'd since got new folding ones so didn't REALLY need the green ones but as they were in tact and face down in the pond we fished them out, went up to the tap, hosed and cleaned them and tah-dah!! Extra chairs! although will probably be brittle by now soon as anyone sits on them.

Can't think of any recent wombling since then though although i'm always on the look out!

Compass Shadow 1988

Extra chairs! although will probably be brittle by now soon as anyone sits on them.

Have the camcorder on standby when you next use them, upload it to youtube and you might go viral.

Have the camcorder on standby when you next use them, upload it to youtube and you might go viral.

Good idea, i might just do that! :lol:

Compass Shadow 1988

I had a good sought out of the garage the other week and filled my car up with rubbish to take to the local council recycling centre. The wife suggested she came along and we take the dogs as we can go to the beach afterwards to take the dogs for a walk.

Got to the recycling centre and started to empty the car. As to help me, the wife decided to get some boxes and help empty the car quicker. Low and behold I found in the skip a black and decker drill, the same as the one I have at home. The one at home was broken so I would recycle both drills and make one good one.

After the walk on the beach I headed home and got to work on the drill. But I could not find my drill anywhere. I asked the wife if she had seen it and she replied. "I took it to the skip today and dumped it." I had only picked up my own drill out of the skip.

To say I am not too good at this recycling thing is an understatement.

2011 Nissan Navara Tekna Auto 2. 5 with a 2011 Elddis Super Sirocco behind it

. ...no that's not quite the way, but you're getting the general idea.

I got two more deck chairs from the skip here, then the day after an outdoor picnic table. So at present I have a total of seven deck chairs on board - two are mine, five will be for sale on a UK campsite soon!

I'm on the look out for small clip on parasol to clip on my deck chair, no joy yet, but will keep looking.

Ooooh, I also got a bucket too, a nice one, black, 15 litre capacity.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I'll let you know my wombling antics if any on Monday. There's usually something worth wombling where we're going! :lol:

Compass Shadow 1988

I don't know if I should admit this, but when I was putting my rubbish in the bin, the "Fifty Shades of Grey" triology (Italian version) was on top of the bin. Naturally, I recycled it and will place it in the book swap area of the campsite I am going to tomorrow. Clearly the person leaving it there wanted to recycle it otherwise they would have put it in the bin

I have read it anyway, boring. Seen more excitement on a CCC site in January!

Russ

I've no wombling antics this weekend. I'm at home the next two weeks so there's always time yet!

Compass Shadow 1988

Nothing here today, but on a site now instead of a camperstop so hopefully something will turn up!

Russ

Husband does voluntary work on a Monday night and just walked in. On the way up the road he found a decent pair of kitchen scissors just lying. Good ones too. My scissors always seem to go walkies!

Compass Shadow 1988

My lucky finds today were a pedal bin still in the box, a roll of pedal bin liners and two more of those directors type chairs. I am keeping the latter. So the motorhome now has a total of nine deck chairs in.

I'm looking forward to a motorhome boot sale in a few weeks time.

Russ

A rather unusual but a lucky find none the less. ...a camping Gaz 907 and a 904 cylinder, complete with handle etc. These are probably worth about £25 on Ebay, so add that to the seven deck chairs I have gained, a pedal bin, some plastic trays and one or two minor items and I guess my next motorhome boot sale will yield a good £75 or so.

I love these people that throw things away.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my Wombling. .... The Camping Gaz cylinders have sold on Ebay, so that's a good start. I'm having a "motorhome boot" sale in just over a weeks time when I trip off for the week.

I've just moved house and the rear garden needs a lot of work. I was delighted to see a skip next door, so after introducing myself, I asked if I could remove some of the bricks and timbers etc (they are having an extension done, so there is alsorts of useful items heading my way). The lady was expecting me to put things in, not take it out!

Dad found a Calor Lite whilst walking the dog - I mean really, why do people throw these away - and I'm pleased to say I have a taker for that.

I'm on the look out for a large gas barbecue, so hopefully, Italy in September at the end of the "seasonal pitches" might yield one.

Russ

Went into Wickes and B&Q this morning to price up some cheap shelves or "something" for the garage. It looked like I would end up spending about thirty quid or something, so left it.

Called into to a friend who lives in an apartment with large bins outside and poking out of the top was. ....

post-15168-0-51261400-1401031795_thumb.jpg

I was abandoned right there and left, "oh the shame of it". I pointed out this was recycling at it's best.

Needless to say, my garage is now equipped with free shelving. The smaller free standing table type thing will however go on sale for a fiver at my motorhome boot sale.

The other gaz cylinder was sold via ebay.

Russ

Sounds good!

A couple of weeks ago where our caravan is sited there's a bit where alot of the residents dump their "rubbish". Most of it is just rubbish but walking past my Husband found a good hob with glass top and a sink as well as taps all out an old caravan but still in good nick.

I said "nah just leave it" but he twisted my arm so took them and stuck them on ebay. I got £35 for the hob and a tenner for the sink. Never cost a penny!

The kick in the teeth was I had other bits in the house I was clearing out yet all that sold was the free "rubbish"!! :lol:

Compass Shadow 1988

• 1 month later...

Today I was a womble and a half! :lol:

I've been needing new foam for the seating in our caravan mainly cos it#s getting a bit uncomfy for sleeping on. It is old and normally if we're getting a new suite we use the foam out the old one however I don't NEED a new suite as much as i'd like one plus i'm skint right now,

Anyway last night i'd noticed someone down the road was chucking out a brown leather two seater sofa. On the way to the gym I knocked the door and asked if I could take the cushions. As if that wasn't bad enough I then went rambling on about how it was for the front dinette at the caravan as the cushions were worn. Must've sounded a right "travelling fellow" :lol: and they said yes no problem so I said i'd go around today after i'd been to teach my class as I wasn't working until 5pm again.

So went around with my mortified Husband who is just as bad if not worse! and got the foam no problem.

We also have a chimnea at home and at the caravan and the woman who opens up the church where I teach my classes had a wooden bed frame outside her house I kept forgetting to ask her if she was getting rid of it so asked today. She was plus a whole load of other old wood so she was greatful for the free wood uplift! :lol:

The cushions will be covered with some wombled bedding O got off someone to use as material for making curtains etc so just brought it in from the washing line as gave it a freshen up.

Compass Shadow 1988

We are "Green Emperors" to the planet.

I've not had much recently due to being laid up etc and so on, but when I was in Tesco last week, people had kindly thrown receipts on the floor with vouchers off the next shop. One was £8. 03, another was 5p. I ain't bothered, I'll have the lot.

There are some very kind people about.

Russ

I know I love wasteful people too! Every little that helps my budget is more than welcome! :D Hoping to get my covers made with mytomorrow as meant to be working today wombled material and also my wombled roll of elastic that someone was throwing out!

Compass Shadow 1988

Yesterday's womble - a wooden coffee table off my upstairs neighbour. It's a really nice one although a bit faded wood as she's had it lying out for a few weeks and i kept forgetting to ask her for it until yesterday and she said to just take it so the plan is to cut it to size for the caravan as I like a small low down table and keep the higher up ones for the likes of eating, games etc, I'll get a pic or two

Compass Shadow 1988

I'm getting jealous. ....although I did get a leather swivel chair out of a skip a few weeks ago - I'm sat on it now as we speak.

Russ