#1 epiphany

epiphany

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 1 posts
  • Towcar:SAAB 93
  • Caravan:Lunar Venus

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm trying to get the gas connected to on old caravan (Venus, Lunar). It seemed pretty straightforward, connect up the gas (attached the regulator to the canister and it works) to the pipe at the front of the caravan. There are four valves inside (one for the water immersion, heater, fridge and cooking hob). I have positioned the four valves to what would seem the logical position to get gas to the hob, but nothing!). I have since tried every possible combination of valve positions and still no luck. Am I missing something, a hidden master valve maybe?! I have searched everywhere and am now at my wits end; do gas pipes get blocked? Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

#2 CommanderDave

CommanderDave

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,704 posts
  • Interests:Model Eng, Jetski, DIY, Caravan, Traction Engines

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

The knobs usually indicate they are on when they are turned to be lined up with the inlet and ontlet pipe.

There might be a service tap under or in a cupboard next to the cooker .

Dave

#3 Arc Systems

Arc Systems

Five Star

• Trade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

The rule of thumb with taps is  they have a longer length that width and the longer length of the tap points in line with the supply pipe to the appliance. ie pointing the way.

When turned off, the length is then across the line of the appliance supply pipe, ie blocking the way.

The pipework can indeed become blocked, almost certain fluid and pooled in a low spot. A simple way to check for this is to lower the hitch as low as possible and after waiting a while for any blockage to flow in this direction and therefore spread itself along the pipe, then allow gas to flow

#4 Brocher12

Brocher12

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Towcar:2012 Navara Tekna Connect, 2014 Mazda CX5 sport
  • Caravan:2012 Lunar Delta Ti

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Ensure that the glas lid is fully open as there is a built in safety switch. If the lids broken ensure the hinges are fully in the up position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users