44 replies to this topic

#1 Pebble

Pebble

CTS 50

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

Following on from our earlier thread http://www.caravanta...formed-windows/ , the three front windows were replaced on 12th July 2013.

Currently on a site in Devon and have just had a look at the new front windows. :o :o

And guess what's happened? :angry:

#2 Gellyneck

Gellyneck

Tied up in knots

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

Steam started to come out of your ears? :ph34r:

#3 Pebble

Pebble

CTS 50

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Steam started to come out of your ears? :ph34r:

And expletives. Email already sent to dealer and Lunar. Heh ho, worse things have happened in life :( .

Edited by Pebble, 10 August 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#4 Gellyneck

Gellyneck

Tied up in knots

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

And expletives. Email already sent to dealer and Lunar. Heh ho, worse things have happened in life :( .

Talking out your ears now!  That's clever.

Just look out the centre part of the windows at the views.

Enjoy the rest of your hols. :)

#5 treebs

treebs

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

We're waiting for a call from the dealer saying the new front centre window for our 2013 Clubman has arrived - the current one is badly buckled.  I hope we're not going to have the same performance we had with Swift a few years  ago when we had a front window replaced 3 times in 12 months. It was back and forth to the dealer that many times we got shut before it was 2 years old and won't go near Swift again. Faults are bad enough but when the replacement part isn't up to the job then its just not acceptable.

#6 Pebble

Pebble

CTS 50

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

Update - dealer has put another warranty claim in for three front windows.

Also had an email from Lunar saying they were going to do "batch testing" :rolleyes: .

After having had previous re-assurances from Lunar that our original windows were from a bad batch, how come we've still got issues?

#7 olympus

olympus

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, Caravans, Music, Films,Photography.
  • Towcar:Antara S 150BHP
  • Caravan:2013 Lunar Lexon 640

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi

I must be lucky, there nothing wrong with my windows. In fact there have been no issues with van everything works and fits perfect.

Olympus...... :D  :D

#8 Steamdrivenandy

Steamdrivenandy

aka SDA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts
  • Interests:Steam (GWR King 6024)
    Eribas
    Garden Design

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

I must be lucky, there nothing wrong with my windows. In fact there have been no issues with van everything works and fits perfect.

Oh dear, now you've done it  :unsure:

You were touching wood when you wrote that weren't you?

#9 Pebble

Pebble

CTS 50

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hi

Want to swap windows? :ph34r:

#10 pagan

pagan

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:computer gaming.Visiting old properties.
  • Towcar:Volvo V70 D5 Se Lux Nav 215
  • Caravan:Lunar Ultima extra 640 2013 &4wd mover

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

I have the same problem so my dealer has put in a warranty claim.I am not to worried as it is still waterproof and has not stopped me having my holidays.I am sure Lunar will sort it as the rest of my van is fine

#11 SarahL

SarahL

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning
  • Towcar:Volvo S80 SE LUX
  • Caravan:2013 Lunar Clubman SI

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

Have just come home from a week away in Cornwall and noticed that middle front window has warped and very discoloured and both front side windows are discolouring badly too. We collected our Clubman SI in October last year and I believe it was one of the first off production line. Comforting to see we aren't the only ones experiencing this problem.

Has anyone else had problems with front bed slats? Our daughter and granddaughter came away with us and we utilised the front double bed and it was almost impossible to pull out and put away slats, each one had to be pulled out individually and pushed back individually, nearly breaking and trapping fingers each time

#12 chrisy

chrisy

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

We have a 2013 SE and used front bed and slats for the first time last week. An absolute nightmare.  The first night they fell out and jammed.  Took 10 minutes to get them back and pull out completely due to further jamming.  Very difficult to get fully stowed in the morning.  Glad we don't normally have to use them.  Yet again not fit for purpose.

#13 olympus

olympus

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, Caravans, Music, Films,Photography.
  • Towcar:Antara S 150BHP
  • Caravan:2013 Lunar Lexon 640

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi

Just back from two weeks down in cornwall where the weather was excellent and warm, and my windows are still as good as new no probs.

All of your problems could be just a bad batch of windows that came into lunar, and mine hopefully is a different batch and hopefully will not have any bother.

Olympus...... :)

#14 Veteran Vanner

Veteran Vanner

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 5 posts
  • Towcar:CRV
  • Caravan:2013 Lunar CK

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hi all, new to the forum as a friend of mine told me of it after I showed him my 2013 Clubman front windows. We recently spent two weeks in Brittany in the sun with no issues, but after arriving home after an 8.5 hr journey home we discovered that two of the front windows had warped. The centre is now bowed in and out on the lower black section whilst the doorside one no longer seals on the rubber. Needless to say a claim has gone in. Our first ever new van in over 30yrs of touring and unless it gets resolved could be the last!!!!

#15 Pebble

Pebble

CTS 50

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hi all, new to the forum as a friend of mine told me of it after I showed him my 2013 Clubman front windows. We recently spent two weeks in Brittany in the sun with no issues, but after arriving home after an 8.5 hr journey home we discovered that two of the front windows had warped. The centre is now bowed in and out on the lower black section whilst the doorside one no longer seals on the rubber. Needless to say a claim has gone in. Our first ever new van in over 30yrs of touring and unless it gets resolved could be the last!!!!

Welcome to the warped windows club :( . At least mine still seal on the rubber. I still can't get round the fact that Lunar say in their sales blurb that these new windows are flush fitting. Mine have never been flush fitting since day one and the buckling and warping followed in the hot weather. My dealer says he's had other customers with the same problem but we're the only ones it's happened to twice.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes Lunar and your dealer to get the new windows. Fitting takes a max of 10 minutes per window (they should replace all three), so 30 minutes total. They really are that easy to remove and replace ;) .

#16 chrisy

chrisy

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Is there any consensus as to when the affected windows were supplied. When did those affected take delivery. Sorry Pebble I know you've now suffered twice. Ours are still OK but it seems from what everyone is saying they suddenly go even after being OK for a longish period. As far as I know ours was built in late February.

#17 treebs

treebs

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hi All,  Seeing as we have been waiting several weeks for Lunar to supply the new window to our dealer, can anyone clarify the warranty period on the replacement windows please?  As the season is coming to a close and we fit a cover over our van in the winter the new window probably won't be exposed to bright sunlight and the hotter temperatures until next summer and therefore won't be tested for some considerable time.

#18 sanbb

sanbb

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:caravaning,gardening,reading walking
  • Towcar:sorento
  • Caravan:lunar clubman SI 2013

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Hi

We had our van last November so it was one of the first off the line, we are now on our third set of windows as the replacements issued to the dealer were already warped!!! they were replaced in August,so we are keeping our fingers crossed!!

We were concerned about the guarantee,but were assured they would be covered for 3 yrs from purchase of the van,here's hoping we dont need to test it.We are also on our third sink!!

#19 Pebble

Pebble

CTS 50

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

This is only a guess but I'd think if you had them fitted on the last day of the factory three year warranty, you'd get at least another 12 months thereafter.

But then I might be wrong :unsure: .

From our side, things have gone quiet after an e-mail from them in mid August. We're now committed every weekend until early November so can't get to the dealer anyway, even if it's just to drop the 'van off. Fortunately, our windows are still watertight around the seal but the bowing to the middle window is far worse than the first time round. It's obviously that bad as I have the feeling that others on sites where we pitch, point and stare  :blush: . Then again, it might just be my imagination  :rolleyes: .

It was interesting to read in PC mag, page 85, September 2013 edition, they claim that the new 2014 Lexon and Stellar windows (similar in design to the 2013/2014Clubman & Delta) are made by Polyplastic. The windows on our 2013 Delta are made by Plastoform.

Is there any consensus as to when the affected windows were supplied. When did those affected take delivery. Sorry Pebble I know you've now suffered twice. Ours are still OK but it seems from what everyone is saying they suddenly go even after being OK for a longish period. As far as I know ours was built in late February.

IIRC, and without looking at the electric test certificates on the 'van, ours was made around mid March. A friend of ours with a Delta RS, was also made around this time but he's only noticed very slight warping on the corners of the front side windows, not the middle one. And that's after 3 weeks of heat in France.

What is also of concern and has been since day one of ownership, is that Lunar state the front windows are "flush fitting". In my mind, this means that from the top of the windows, the window edges should follow the curve of the outer GRP panels and not stick out past the lines of the body. Hmmmmmm :ph34r: .

Edited by Pebble, 05 September 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#20 Abh1493

Abh1493

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Interests:This industry,, golf, walking, numismatics

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hi
We had our van last November so it was one of the first off the line, we are now on our third set of windows as the replacements issued to the dealer were already warped!!! they were replaced in August,so we are keeping our fingers crossed!!
We were concerned about the guarantee,but were assured they would be covered for 3 yrs from purchase of the van,here's hoping we dont need to test it.We are also on our third sink!!

But the problem with that "reassurance" is, how are you going to feel at 3 years and 3 months if they go again?
It's a bit like the "blown" windows plague on other makes. Hundreds of pounds to spend just outside warranty for a well known manufacturing defect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users