More Whale Pump Problems

Our 2013 Avante has had the pump and Whale IC completely changed recently and now we have the blue pipes between the pump and wall connection popping off under pressure. The pump stays on for a few seconds after a tap is closed and this the resulting build up of pressure has forced the opens off. The result is the pump keeps running and empties the aqua roll. Pain in the backside again.

formerly ClassikFan

Hi BradleyWiggins,

I see from your recent posts that you are having some issues with your pump system. I tried to PM a few times, but I think your mailbox is full.

Our support team are keen to help.

Please contact me at the Whale head office, and I will ensure that a support engineer reviews the issues with you and confirms best way to resolve any problems.

Tel: 02891270531

email: clairemcc@whalepumps. com

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Claire McCrea

Whale Support Team

Thanks for the reply Claire, but I have solved the issue using a little more silicone/ glue than was used in the Whale factory.

It's great that you watch and respond to a forum such as this but it would be much better to make products correctly in the first place. We have a heater that is not man enough for the job and a pump that has been replaced once and then fixed by myself. I'm still awaiting a call back from the Whale engineer who promised to call me back in April regarding a mod to our heater.

Thanks for letting me know my mail box is full. Can't seem to clear it using an iPhone!

Stuart

formerly ClassikFan

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your replay. We are keen to assist you, if you can email me your contact phone number, I will follow up with our engineering team and ensure that you receive a call back.

My email address is: clairemcc@whalepumps. com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Claire

Good to see Whale have still got a great customer care ethic. They really looked after me when I had on board pump problems about 4 years ago, couldn't have asked for more, cheers.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

They do seem keen to help, but its a shame the 3 problems with our van are all down to Whale products.

formerly ClassikFan

An update;

Whale are sending an engineer out to our campsite to fix our faulty pump.

When we return a heating expert will visit to assess the heating issues.

Good response from Whale. Thanks Claire.

Edited by BradleyWiggins

formerly ClassikFan

Stephen from Whale came today and replace the complete pump system, showed us how to calibrate the system properly and left us with a fully working water system. Whale have since sent an email offering to send us a spare pump in case of future problems.

So an unexpectedly good outcome to our water problems and we can now finish our holiday with water on tap!

formerly ClassikFan

Just for a change, credit where credit is due and it sounds like Whale have gone the extra mile.

It's good that they seem to monitor this forum.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Thankyou to whale

After a previous post about the leak on our Elddis Affinity 540 whale pump inlet connection I was contacted by Claire from Whale.

She sent a new pump and spare o rings, installed the new pump today this has fixed the problem. I then examined the old pump and found the blue hose push fit to be loose, I have contacted Claire directly and given details of what I found.

A big thanyou to whale for their response, they are an example to others in the Caravan industry of how to deal with Customers.

Penman

Wow. .....I have to say that IS brilliant service, I have worked in the car dealership game for 35 years for various manufacturers and not one has ever provided service like that, and I mean VW, BWM, MERC, PEUGEOT,NISSAN. ....the lot.

WELL DONE WHALE. ......

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...???

Wow. .....I have to say that IS brilliant service, I have worked in the car dealership game for 35 years for various manufacturers and not one has ever provided service like that, and I mean VW, BWM, MERC, PEUGEOT,NISSAN. ....the lot.

WELL DONE WHALE. ......

Timanita, if you read my last post on the heating 540 thread,you will see how much Whale go out of there way to provide fantastic customer service. I have never came across a company that treats its customers so highly. I was so impressed I contacted one of there MD's to tell him how impressed I was with there customer service. He was also a extremely nice gentleman and explained that CS will always be at the top of Whales agenda. And my god does it show. Cheers Scoobz

• 1 month later...

Met a man whilst in France this year who had a major flood due to push fit connectors in the water system popping of. He showed me the fittings that he had saved which were black in colour. On return to Ireland Whale came out and changed all fittings even in the Shower which was a major job. Reason stated that the Black Fittings were not Whale as theirs are Grey in colour. I have a photograph if required to prove the point. His trouble was exacerbated as he was using a direct mains hose connector bypassing an Aquaroll hence the water just flooding in until he returned.

I can perhaps understand a problem whilst using a mains /water fill (but even then the assembly has a pressure reducer in it ) but as your problem was a normal pump it reinforces my worries about a possible flood such as yours.

On return I contacted my dealer who said ''never had a problem''

Whale obviously could not comment on the current fitting as it is not one of theirs but was the fitting of a non Whale push fit connector just to save Elddis money ? I wonder.

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.