We took delivery of our 2013 Buccaneer Clipper on 18th May....the dealer (Bicester Caravan & Leisure - great PDI as everything worked from day 1) had booked us onto a local site (Greenhill Leisure Park) for the first night so we could make sure that everything worked.
It was a great site, the people were really friendly & helpful, so we decided to stay for the week, prior to heading off to Cheshire to see Pam's parents and do a bit of sight-seeing.
Last Saturday saw us heading north (M40/M5/M6) to Lamb Cottage Caravan Park near Winsford - again a great site - for a week's break, making a total of 12 nights spent "on board" (I had to nip home for a couple of days during the first week because of work commitments).
Our observations, based on the first two weeks ownership??
- The BPW chassis seems to tow much more smoothly than the Al-Ko chassis on the Bailey Unicorn Barcelona we had previously - we had one IDC activation on a VERY bumpy "B" road in rural Oxfordshire but otherwise a pleasure to tow
- The PowrTouch EVO AWD movers we had swapped over from the Barcelona seem to work better on the Clpper, but I couldn't explain how or why!!
- We have a 50% rating on the new Avtex TV aerial so far, as it worked faultlessly in Oxfordshire, but was almost useless in Cheshire, so the jury is still out on whether it will work effectively enough.....however.....
- The satellite pre-installation and the Avtex TV with built-in satellite receiver made it fabulously simple to access free-view - so much so that we bought a dish for future use on sites where the TV signal is weak (something we always said we wouldn't buy!!!
- We had a pulsing water pump when using the bathroom tap, but a brief fiddle with the pressure switch seems to have resolved that....not sure if I did it correctly - I did try to follow the instructions!!!
- The kitchen tap is positioned really badly in relation to the sink cover - we managed to turn on the tap and wet the sofa cushion 5 times whilst trying to close the glass cover!!!
- Slightly confused why the EXT position on the water system actually fills the on-board tank, rather than supplying water directly to the tap as the name suggests!
- The button to flush the loo seems to take a h*ll of a lot of effort to push at 03:00!!
- We thought we should get duvets as well as covers when we ordered the bedding pack - Bicester C&L are chasing Elddis to find out what should have arrived!!
- The Isabella Magnum awning we bought at the NEC on the day we ordered the Clipper fits beautifully and looks AWESOME!!
- The beds are really comfortable - we both slept much better than on the Barcelona despite the torrential rain last Monday/Tuesday nights!
- Will we ever use the remote controller for the Alde heating???
- It seems really weird to be able to see out of the windows, knowing that, at least during the day, nobody can see in!!
- The BPW wheel locks are marginally easier to fit than the Al-Ko equivalent, although fitting either is made much easier with the movers fitted.
- There is definitely more storage on the Barcelona than the Clipper but as we only travel as a couple, there is still plenty.
- With a surname like Buckley, it's marvelous to have that enormous letter B on the back panel!!!!! lol
All in all, a great way to test out the Clipper......and are we happy????
You bet your life we are!!!!